Chapter Twenty - Seven | Grimmauld Place, June 18 1996

Chapter Twenty-Seven

Grimmauld Place, June 18th 1996

            Grimmauld Place towered over Sonia as she Disapparated onto its stoop, head reeling slightly from the spinning. Entering the grim house, she jumped up and down a bit to shake the dirt from her flats and moved down the hall, sticking her tongue out at all the portraits.

“Sirius?” she called, peeking into the drawing room to see Kreacher bent over the fire “Kreacher, where’s Sirius?”

“Sonia!” a voice called from the fire, and she recognised it as Harry Potter.

Rushing over, she pushed Kreacher aside and kneeled down. “Harry, bloody hell what do you think you’re doing?”

“It’s Sirius -” he said hurriedly, the fear etched clearly on his face even through the fire “Voldemort’s got him, he’s at the department of mysteries – Kreacher knows!”

Sonia felt her whole being flush with cold, as if she’d been thrown into the Black Lake by surprise “What do you mean? How could he have gotten Sirius, I don’t -”

“Tell everyone Sonia, tell Hazel – get the order – he’s going to die.”

“How do you know this Harry?”

He moaned in frustration “I saw it Sonia, just – just get help. We’re going – get the others and -” suddenly Harry’s face was wrenched from the hearth, and it once again crackled merrily.

“Harry? Harry – come back! Harry!” Sonia turned on Kreacher, who was laughing close by.

“It’s just Kreacher and his mistress again,” he cackled “Just as we like it…”

Taking the elf by his arms and shaking him, Sonia felt hysteria rush through her “Kreacher, where is Sirius? Who took him?”

“Kreacher says nothing, nothing at all.” With that, he snapped his fingers and was gone with a sickening crack.

“No!” crying out, Sonia looked around for paper and wrote a scribbled note to Remus, then attached it to the foot Sirius’ bird. Then she pulled a sliver of mirror from her pocket, a gift from Sirius – she’d broken it in half and given another part to Andrew. Turning it now, she shouted her twins name – hopefully he would hear over his dreaming.

Andrew’s face appeared in the mirror “Sonia?”

“Andy, Sirius is in trouble – we have to save him.” It all came out in a rush, but Andrew immediately processed the situation and nodded.

“How do you know?”

“Harry told me – but we have to go now, Andrew.”

His nod turning into a shake, Andrew seemed to be reaching for something – Sonia hoped it was his wand “How does Harry know?”

“Sirius is going to die Andrew – he didn’t have time to say.” She was running through the halls as she spoke, bounding out the front steps and into the street. Turning, she saw Kreacher chuckling in the doorway. “I will mount your head on the wall,” she said icily “I swear to all that is holy you will die at my hands.”

Kreacher merely laughed more “Kreacher would rather die at Sirius’ goddaughters hands than live to serve the likes of Sonia Bowen.”

Turning away, Sonia faced her brother with a cold expression “Meet at the Ministry – hopefully Harry will be there.”

“Sonia, this isn’t an adventure.” Said Andrew seriously “we don’t even know where Harry got his information -”

Sonia began to run down the street, feet pounding against the hot pavement as the sky glowed orange, red smearing like blood on a dirty surface “I know Andy – this is a rescue mission.”

A/N: So I know it's been forever, but that is onky because I didn't have the heart to write these coming chapters. I had to sort of build up a thick skin, you know?

I was going to do parts to these next few chapters, but instead they'll just be regular chapters CAUSE THEY'RE SO LONG. Not this one, but I've got chapter Twenty-Eight done and its 13 pages on Word or something.

Enjoy!

Rose<3