Chapter Three | The Burrow, July 1987

Chapter Three

The Burrow, July 1987

            “Let’s do something naughty.” Declared Sonia, smiling wickedly at her twin and the four youngest Weasley children.

Frowning, Andrew glanced nervously over at their friends; Fred and George would do whatever mischievous thing Sonia thought up, and Ron would tag along for fun – Ginny would just be happy she was included.

“I dunno Sunny…”

“Don’t be a pansy.” She said, standing now with her hands on her hips “We’ve been good all week – let’s have fun.”

“What will we do?” asked Fred.

“Something excellent!” George added on.

Crinkling his nose, Ron shaded his eyes from the sun to see them better “Is this really a good idea? Mum did say-”

Sighing, Sonia interrupted him “You’re such a wuss, Ronald.”

“I am not!”

“Are too.” Retorted Ginny, giggling. Her fiery hair glinted in the sunlight, and Andrew wondered if it was as soft as it looked.

The Weasley twins stood up “Well we’re going with Sonia.”

“I am too!” cried Ginny, scrambling to her feet “I don’t care what Mum’ll do to us.”

Beaming, Sonia ruffled Ginny’s cherry mop “Good girl Ginny, that’s the spirit!”

The four began to trek across the lawn, kicking garden gnomes out of the way as they went. Andrew and Ron looked at each other nervously, and then ran after them.

“Hey – wait up!” Ron shouted.

“We’re coming too!” added Andrew.

The six kids crept beneath the kitchen window and around the house, following Sonia; she was always the mastermind to their plans, and executed them brilliantly. She was sly and fearless, clever and feisty; at seven she already knew how to pick locks the Muggle way and taught the Weasley twins. Hazel had been teaching the twins magic lessons four times a week since they were five, just simple stuff; both had soared ahead, bored with simple things such as Leviosa, Lumos, all of that. Andrew enjoyed charms the most, Sonia transfiguration; Hazel prized teaching them everything she loved, and it gave her great pride to see how smart they were.

The Weasley twins were nine, Ginny six, Ron, Sonia and Andrew seven, yet they all got along famously. Percy, Charlie and Bill were a bit too old and at Hogwarts, so they played together often all year. Hazel liked taking the twins to the Burrow so she could chat with Molly and have them entertained; sometimes they skipped last lesson to have tea with the Weasley’s.