Chapter Nineteen| The Burrow, December 1994

A little Charlie love on the side. Who can resist a little Charlie to brighten their day? ------->>

Chapter Nineteen

The Burrow, December 1994

            The Burrow cast warm light onto the snowy garden, shadows flitting past the window again and again. Within pots bubbles, pots were scrubbed and a pointy needle glinted as it pierced a piece of pale fabric.

“I’m glad you came to see me Hazel,” said Molly Weasley, bustling about her kitchen “I needed some input on Ginny’s dress.”

“It looks beautiful, Ginny will love it.” Avoiding the needle as she straightened the collar, Hazel smiled at the thought of thirteen year old Ginny going to the Yule Ball. “If you think she’d like it, you can have the pearl belt from my…my wedding dress.”

Twirling around, Molly shook her spoon in surprise, sending a splatter of carrot soup at the walls “Hazel Bowen! You couldn’t mean that.”

She shrugged “I do.”

“It’s your wedding dress.”

“It’s only a dress Molly,” Hazel said, not looking her old friend in the eyes “It means nothing.”

Sitting beside her, Molly put her hands over Hazel’s “It means everything.”

“It’s a reminder of everything I don’t have, everything I hoped for and lost. I don’t want it around, I just…I want it out of my closet and on the body of a girl who will have a lovely evening and a goodnight kiss in it.”

Molly laughed “I don’t know if I want Ginny having a goodnight kiss.”

“Oh she’ll get one,” mused Hazel “A pretty girl like Ginny? She’s got lots of goodnight kisses just waiting to happen.”

“So do you Hazel, plenty left.” Molly gave her hand a squeeze “This isn’t the end dear, no matter how much it feels like it is so.”

“But it is.” She whispered, glancing out the window at the setting sun “Joseph was my last chance, my last first kiss. I had so much hope, Molly.”

Molly sat straight and spoke in earnest “Then take it back. You can have love again Hazel, you only need to find it.”

Hazel looked at Molly with hopelessness in her eyes “I was so sure there was a happily ever after with my name on it this time.”

“Hazel…”

“And I thought I was in love with Joseph, was so sure this was my chance.” Anger trembled with her words “I thought Severus could love me, thought Lily and I would be friends forever – I thought I would watch Harry grow with my children. I thought so much, Molly – but I didn’t just think it, I hoped it. And I realize now that hoping is worth nothing.”