Chapter Twenty | Grimmauld Place, August 5 1995

Chapter Twenty

Grimmauld Place, August 5 1995

            Andrew never meant to fall in love. It was completely, utterly by accident – and he had no idea how to get out of it. It was a maze and he kept on turning right instead of left – he was positive he’d gotten his unluckiness in love from Hazel.

Of course he had to fall for the hardest girl to get ever, too. The girl with six older brothers, a fiery temper and the biggest crush on someone else.

He just had to fall for Ginny Weasley.

Any time he had the chance to be around her was somehow wasted as second after second, minute upon minute; he wasn’t able to act comfortably around her as he wished. So when she requested to Mrs. Weasley to work with him cleaning the library, Andrew was both giddy and nervous.

“This is going to take forever.” Ginny moaned, seeing the layer of dust that was at least an inch thick that coated everything “Mum’s mad, honestly!”

Andrew chuckled and handed her a rag “C’mon, it won’t take too long if we enjoy ourselves.”

“Yes!” her face lit up “I’ve missed spending time with you Andy; Hogwarts would be less dull with you and Sonia around.”

There weren’t many people who called Andrew ‘Andy’ religiously, except Ginny – every time she said it he felt shivers. It was different from when his Mum or sister or Remus said it; it was special.

“I’d be in the year above you Gin, remember?”

“So? We could still see each other after classes and go to Hogsmeade. Are you going to visit this year?”

Nodding, Andrew began wiping down the piano “Of course.”

Ginny turned on the magically altered Muggle radio Sirius had lent them, and they worked without chatter for a while. Not able to help himself, Andrew glanced over at Ginny every chance he got – it was distracting, having her around. If they did go to school together and where in the same class, he’d never get anything done.

It had been years since he’d realized what he felt for her was actually love, and what that meant and why his stomach clenched whenever someone mentioned her. He just wanted to talk with ease in her presence and maybe try and win a game of Quidditch once and a while.

“Andy?”

Realising he was staring, Andrew felt himself go red “Sorry.”

She grinned “Focus you slacker or we’ll never get this finished before lunch.”

“It’s just so bloody hot in here,” he thought of the lie quickly “And – uh – it’s a boring job.”

Tossing her long red mane over one shoulder, Ginny wiped down a book shelf “Its summer, you dolt.”