Chapter 46

this is only part one, im going to be away for the rest if the week and i wanted to post something. the rest of teh chapter will be uploaded saturday or friday, comment and vote please!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Chapter 46

Maya’s POV

‘Mayaaaaa’ Chris’s voice sang in my head. I had just finished cleaning off the dagger and plopped down on my bed, hoping to get some rest, but no Chris just had to involve me in something. ‘yea?’ I asked tiredly. My reply seemed to have no effect on him, he was excited and happy. ‘come and meet Mindy, she just came in.’ came his haste reply. ‘ok, I’ll be there in a second’ I said groaning as I picked myself off my bed. What I needed was a good night rest, that I never seem to get these days.

But now that the whole rouge problem was over then I should be able to start relaxing and focus on my life and pack. I half walked half dragged myself down the stairs towards the living room where Chris was helping Mindy bring her bags in. I put on a smile in my face as I walked in the room, I walked right up to Mindy and pulled her into a hug. “it’s nice to have you here finally’ I replied. A smile brightly lit her face as she looked over at Chris, “yea it’s good to be here, I never thought I would get a happily ever after like this” she gushed. The smile on my face actually became real, this girl obviously went through a lot and she deserved a family.

“so is there any family with you or anything?” I was afraid to ask because I never saw her with anyone and it doesn’t look like she is with someone right now. “uh actually I'm not on the best terms with my mom and dad, I’m also a only child. I left home two years ago and have been  working and living around town’. Wow she was doing It all on her own and going to school while remaining a rouge. “you know if you joined a pack then things wold have been much easier for you” I said softly, I didn’t know her story so I wasn’t about to judge but I wanted her to know on how much she missed out. “well then I would have to explain why I left my old pack and why I remained a rouge for so long, it would be to hard and I was managing just fine by myself so I figured it might as well stay that way” she said smiling at me, telling me all this didn’t even faze her mood and I had a feeling I was going to like having her around here.

“well then I guess I’ll show you to your room while Chris carry’s your stuff in.” I said getting off the topic of her life, we just met so I don’t want to push her into anything that she didn’t want to tell me. “and you want to stay with Chris right?” I had to make sure before leading her to his room. if she didn’t feel comfortable yet then she could just stay in a guest room till she was ready. “yea that’s fine” I don’t know how it was possible but her smile got even bigger.

I led her up to the door across from mine and opened it, revealing a clean room. wow Chris must have cleaned it a lot before she came here. Usually it’s a mess with random things all over the place. “well here it is. And have you thought about joining the pack?” I asked, with me she didn’t have to explain her story or give me anything. She was Chris’s mate and that was enough. “yea me and Chris talked this over and he said you were pretty understanding of us so I decided that if it was ok with you and Jace that I would join your pack.” she said shyly.

“well It will be great having you here. I’ll call a pack meeting later tonight so you can meet everyone and then me and Jace will accept you into the pack, for now you can just take your time a settle in with Chris” I said walking out of the room.

I was walking down the stairs as Chris was walking up. “Thanks Maya” he said with a smile on his face. “no problem, pack meeting later. Then we can introduce her and accept her and stuff” I said as he practically ran up the stairs, he did a short nod and then ran the rest of the way to his room. I think the rest of my pack was over in the main pack house anyway, Mariah was still there and I had to still give her the option if she wanted to stay there with them or join in with me.

I walked out the front door and into the woods towards the pack house. Half way there the bushes starting rustling and I could hear the steps of paws. It was one of them because a rouge would never make it this far into the land and if they did they would be more careful. And for god’s sake if I had to deal with another rouge problem I would rampage…..  Dustin in wolf form stepped out from behind the trees and started walking along side of me. as we neared the pack house he kept nudging me leg as a sign to follow him. after he did it a few to many times I stuck my leg out so he would walk into it. He shot me a glare while I laughed at his stupidity.

I opened the door and he ran up the stairs and stopped at his door, waiting for me to open that for him too. I rolled my eyes and opened the door. He trotted in, picked up some clothes on the floor in his mouth then walked in the bathroom, nudging the door closed behind him. I took the time to lay down on his bed and relax for the split second it took him to change into a t-shirt and a pair of shorts.