Chapter 16

So I changed around the rejection part of chapter 1 a bit. It just seemed to used. This chapter is the starting of something big now, hope you like it. If you like this story recommend it to some of your friends, I’d like to get some more readers, so anyway comment, Vote and fan J enjoy.]

-------------------------------------------

Chapter 16

Maya’s POV

We found Stacy after a while and she said that she was going home with Arrow. I was so happy for her since she found her mate. I know things will work out between them.

“So May you want to watch some movies when we get back” he grinned as he ducked into the car. “yea sounds like fun, but can we pick up some Chinese on the way home? I’m kind of craving some I said sheepishly. “yea ok I’m hungry to anyway. Ill call in” he said while picking up the phone. “here I can’t drive and talk you order what you want just make sure to get some rice.” He said handing me the phone.

“hello Zee’s Chinese food” a girl said into the phone. “hi I would like to place a order for pickup”. “sure what would you like?” she sounded so sweet and shy with her quiet voice, it was one of those voices that were so innocent that you could never accuse them of anything “uh I’ll take a special chicken rice. And some veggie noodles.” I looked over at Chris raising a eyebrow to see if he wanted anything else. He just shook his head “ok that’s it” I said. “ok your food will be ready in 15 minutes.” “thanks” I said hanging up the phone.

We pulled up at the restaurant about 20 minutes later “I’ll get the food” Chris said climbing out of the car. I waited 10 minutes then I decided to go and check what was taking him that long, the food should already be done all he had to do was pick it up. I opened my door to get out when I saw him walk out of the restaurant holding the bag of food. He had a far away unhappy look on his face as he walked up to the car and got in. he didn’t say a word for the next 5 minutes, something was obviously bothering him “Hey what’s wrong you’ve had that sour look on your face ever since you came out of that place and now you won’t talk” I said. “it’s nothing, I just don’t feel like talking, I’m really tired. I don’t think we should watch movies tonight.” He said not even looking at me. His mouth was in a thin straight line and he didn’t move. His hands gripped the steering wheel with effort and strength and you could see his jaw clenched. His eyes had turned a shade darker and he was a little paler. Something was off “ok that’s fine but at least tell me what’s wrong, I know you and something is up” I pleaded. ‘no Maya just forget it, it’s nothing” he practically yelled. I flinched at his tone and looked away sighing, when he was this mad it was impossible to get it out of him I would have to wait till he cools down.

Chris’s POV

(When he walked in the restaurant)

I got out of the car and walked through the narrow door way, the restaurant smelled really good for some reason, I couldn’t out my finger on it, but there was something different, but the place was mostly the same. The homely feeling, red and white table clothes were scattered over the small tables and menus were neatly placed in front of each seat. Globes hung over each table giving it a soft yellow glow and the place was peaceful with the mindless chatter of people.

I walked up to the counter where I was entranced by the most alluring blue eyes. She was small with a frail and innocent look there long dark brown hair was swept up in a loose bun and her apron was twisted around her. I stood there staring at her as she walked up to the counter. She was so small but yet the most beautiful thing I ever saw. Her eye’s were lined with darker circles from lack of sleep and work, she was hard working and she was no older than 18. “Uh hi I’m here for a pickup” I cleared my throat and said,