Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Maya POV

We rode silently for the rest of the way. When we pulled up at the airport I checked the time. Chris’s flight would be landing at 8 and It was now quarter to eight. Its going to be a surprise because he expected some people from the pack or his family.

I looked behind and Dustin and he has a sour look on his face like he’d rather do anything else. I ignored him and kept walking to where Chris would be getting off. I pulled out a bottle of water from my purse and started drinking it. “flight 236 will now be dispatched” the speaker ahead said. I stood there waiting for Chris to come, I didn’t realise that I was standing opposite of his gate.  I had my back to him when we suddenly came up and hugged me. making me drop what was left of my water on Dustin.

“Maya I missed you so much!” he screamed out smiling at me. his dirty blond hair turned a shade darker and he now had a nice tan to fit that nice toned body of his “Chris I'm so glad your home, a lot to catch you up on” I said in his ear. We pulled away and he saw Dustin. His t-shirt had a little water on it but not that much, only most of the front was wet.

“aww Dustin I missed you too come here.” He said pulling Dustin into a hug. I smiled at how friendly Chris was. He grabbed my hand and we started walking out of the airport together. “so did you pick up any new skills yet” he asked, referring to the fighting. “yea that’s a interesting story but yea I did, when we get home ill tell you everything that you need to know.” “well I need to know all of it” he said laughing.

“so how did the whole pack warrior meeting thingy go?” I asked. “eh it went ok, some rouges around the U.S are trying to find a pack to attack, so they showed us a few skills for the pack and some stuff just for us, nothing that important though” he said brushing it off. “well of course I need to know those special ones to” I said looking over at him. “yea, yea Maya you get to learn everything, you were catching up to me and you were hard to beat before I left, I wonder if I even can now” he said laughing.

We walked back to the car, and me and Chris were still talking so I threw the keys of at Dustin “you wanted to drive didn’t you?” I said then looking back at Chris while he explained some of the stuff that went on at the meeting.

Dustin POV

Chris landed his flight and went straight to Maya, knocking water out of her hand onto the front of my shirt which is now soaked, and then hugged me. they walked out of the airport hand in hand, talking about the trip. I couldn’t help but glare at their hands. She wasn’t his. I walked behind them the whole time listening in on how they were discussing some moves and stuff. I never knew those two had so much interest in each other. They smiled and looked at each other like they were the best thing in the world.

It annoyed me. it annoyed the hell out of me. I just zoned out and started looking around the airport checking out some of the girls. We walked outside and Maya tossed me the keys saying “You wanted to drive didn’t you” and then turned back to Chris. She was only letting me drive so she could talk to Chris.

They left me in the front alone and they both went into the back. They kept talking and smiling and laughing, he really made her happy.  I don’t get how they get along so well. And she said she would tell him everything is, I hope not everything, because that would mean him knowing about the mate stuff. But she has a best friend back home, Emily I think her name was. But I think that will also change once Maya finds out that I slept with her, and all the other things Emily said about her.

Chris’s POV

Maya tossed Dustin the keys and we went in the back together. I was so happy to see her. I missed her the most and I wished I could call her, and I tried after a couple days but she never answered. I knew she wasn’t avoiding me from the way she was smiling at me now, I had to make sure to ask her what was up. Probably nothing, maybe just got a knew phone or forgot where she put it.