Chapter 25

just one POV change this time, since they're in different places the story is different for each of them. so comment and vote please :)

----------------------------------

Chapter 25

Maya’s POV

I was still shaken from the news, but I had to stay strong in order to help her. Mars is strong, so I have to keep telling myself that she’s alive. “Ok Mike let’s do this” I said one last time.  We crept along in the shadows of the basement; I could feel my wolf itching to just get out. But right now I have the element of surprise so there is no need to waste it by shifting when I don’t need too. I’d be lying to myself if I said I wasn’t on edge.

We were nearing the door when we heard the muffled sound of voices and steps that made us freeze in our tracks. I heard mike mumble something under his breath but I didn’t catch it.  He grabbed my wrist and pulled me along, we ran the opposite direction of the door, towards some room. He opened it quietly and shut it behind us.

The room was pained a simple brown and had one bed. He pulled me under it. “what are you doing? And who’s room is this?” I asked. Why would he pull us in here? It was obvious he knew where we were going and we could have probably made it up the stairs without them catching us. but then the guards at the top was a different case. “we need to hide. They know your in the basement and they most likely checked back and found me gone. This leads to suspicions. There not dumb, and this is a room where a new capture would be held for a couple days until the officials decide what area to put them in.” after he said that he shoved his hand over my mouth, preventing me from talking

Footsteps were near he door, I could hear it now due to my wolf. They weren’t close but they weren’t far. My eyes shuffled around to see what could possibly be used as a weapon.  I had my dagger, and still needed my poison that my dad had. But I also drank his silver bullet thingy. So I guess we’re sort of even. If he drank it then that’s even better. He would be dead soon. the door creaked open as I saw a black boot step into the room. This guy looked just like Mike with short black hair and a tall stocky build. 

He took a look around the room but didn’t bother to lift up the ends hanging over the bed and check under it. His eyes were narrowed into slits as he walked forward. He must be able to smell something. But the thing they injected me with covered my smell so it shouldn’t be a issue, and if Mike’s scent was In here that just tells them that he searched this room. “boys. Mike was in here I can smell him” his voice ran in my ears. He turned properly and I caught a side view of him. along the side of his neck was a jagged scar. His eyes were cold and hard, (like most of them) and he stood tall but careless. There was something more to this guy than meets the eye. But I don’t want to know.

3 other men rushed in and sniffed the air. My dad walked in a couple seconds after this “what do you guys think happened to Mike?” my father asked. ‘well the girl could have either taken him down, knocked him out. or he could be chasing her right now. or he just left duty” they left out the only other possibility that he was doing, escaping with me.

“well then Jack and Lawrence, fine him. the other two of you go and check upstairs for her. She might have made it out at this point. I will continue down here. If you find her I want her down and bring to me, barley conscious.” He snarled at the last part, wow he must really hate me right now. Probably planning to knock me out himself. I rolled my eyes at his obvious stupidity.

“oh and contact Hefer, check with him to make sure Mariah is still alive.” He spoke to one of them. My jaw dropped, ok at least he was keeping tabs on her. I needed to know where this stupid army was……