Chapter 42

sorry for the long wait and the short chapter, i was just busy lately. this isn't one of my favourite chapters..... the next one will definitly be better, it should be up monday. thanks to everyone who reads this story, vote and comemnt!

-----------------------------------------------------

Chapter 42

I didn’t exactly know how to strategize this, so I thought for a second, if we take them by surprise and we have more people then we have a chance of winning more than them. “ok everyone I want you all to just rush them, if they start fighting back then knock them out. but none of the captives get killed, got me? and if there is a guard or anyone else interfering or attacking then kill them.” the only people that I cared about was the captives that were being kept here for I don’t know how many years..

“ok on my call. 1…… 2…..” my breath was in short and quick pants, this was hard and I would be responsible for any injuries.  Go” I breathed out, I was the first one to rush out, I was leading and it’s better if I got hurt than anyone else. The rouges snapped there heads to us in surprise, they all froze. I held my hand up for everyone to stop behind me, maybe a fight wasn’t necessary here… “we came to get you out of here. Come on our side and we will have you back to your families finally” I said to them. the one girl Sarah looked at us with hard eyes. ‘there is no hope left for us” she said firmly. Is that was they have grown the believe? “no I promise you I will get you where you need to be, you just have to help us out here and com with us”  one of the boys actually stepped over towards us. “thank you, they have all been here longer than me and have lost hope, but I came here two months ago and every day I was waiting for this to happen” he spoke quietly. He carried a dagger in his hand and stood beside me.

“Anyone else? We have killed the rest of the rouge pack and we have come here for the last of you and to finish off our job”  they all still stared at me with blank eyes, as if they were waiting for something to happen. There was rustling in the tent and then a man stepped out of it. he was tall and well built, his face looked to give him a age of around 29. His eyes were hard and un-forgiving. This must be there leader, he had jet black hair swept onto his forehead and his fists were clenched. He saw us and started stalking towards us. “what do you want, if you don’t get away from here soon we will kill you” he sneered, wow did he really think that he was going to win? Once all the captives were on my side there was no one left for him to fight with against us. “I came here to get those captives” I said sternly pointing at them. “well that’s not going to happen. And mark what the hell do you think your doing, get back over here of else” he said eyeing the boy that stood beside me. Mark’s eyes were glazed over in fright of the man, I don’t know what they did to them here but I'm guessing it was worse than I could imagine.

“no mark stay with us, don’t worry you won’t ever have to go back there again” I turned towards him and said softly. he was pretty young, he looked to be around 12 and he slung to my arm. “we will fight you for them, anyone else want to go down the better way?” I asked looking over the rogues.  “we cant, he will kill Mariah and Kayla” one of he boys spoke up, this one was around 20, he had the same hard look on his face and some part of him that could never be undone. I was getting the feeling that things were a lot worse here than I thought they were. “he’s here he cant kill them” I said , but then I realised. There were ten captives, there had to be another one watching over them.  “there is two more men with them and I can easily kill them with a nod Maya. I suggest you watch who you’re talking too.  after all you were supposed to be here soon enough” I sucked in a harsh breath, I was lucky that I wasn’t here, but I wasn’t going to let those who were suffer.

With one swift movement I took out my dagger and tried to stab the man in the chest, as if he would read me though he moved to the side and smirked.  He turned towards the six of them left “kill them” he ordered and in one movement they had all shifted. Well it looks lie there was going to be a fight, but what I don’t get it why they’re following his orders so easily, he must have something over them other than Mariah and Kayla.

A wolf lunged towards me, I had not shifted yet and I wasn’t going to, it was better to b in human form for as long as I could so I could talk to everyone.  I dodged the wolf and pinned  it to the ground. I could stab it because the silver in my dagger would kill it. so I took a regular dagger from the other side and slowly dragged it across the wolfs belly, it would pass out from pain but would not die. it howled in pain and thrashed underneath me, cutting and drawing blood. But I still held on, and slowly it became limp under me. I picked it up and threw the body to the side, the wound was not enough to kill and I knew that for sure.

I turned back around and looked at the fight before me, wolfs were linked to each other and blood was spilled all over. I caught the man leading them still in human form with a smirk on his face, his warriors were very well trained I had to give him that, but we were better. there was a deep cut on my left leg from that wolf so I staggered a little, but I wanted him dead. I walked over till we were a couple feet away. “what do you have over them that they would fight willingly for you” I spat, no normal wolf in their right mind would do this unless they had something to lose. I mean for god’s sake we were trying to rescue them and they were fighting us!

“I have one member of each of their family. Only me and your dad knows where they are, and if they decide to do something stupid or disobey me then I will kill them. but those two girls, Kayla and Mariah, I don’t have their family so they misbehave a lot which means I have to punish them a lot” I growled at him when he smirked, Kayla was Luke’s sister and Mariah was mine.  “oh Maya, so stupid. If you will me then whoever is with them will kill them. think of it as a  life for life” he smirked. Shit, how would they know he’s dead though…… as if he could read my mind “there is something on me that beeps when I'm dead, if I ever die I asked them to make sure those two girls get killed too” by this time we were circling around each other, I don’t know if he was lying or not, but I couldn’t afford to take the chance.

If three of the ten of them had run away then there were seven here, and if Mariah and Kayla weren’t here then hat meant that there was currently five of them fighting, and if I knocked one of them out then that meant there was only four left. that should be easy for my guys to win. But the only way I'm getting close to Mariah is knocking this guy out without killing him. I noticed Dustin come staggering up towards me, he had blood all over him but he still looked strong and ready. “don’t kill him” I warned as I kept my eyes on this stupid guy. I was waiting for him to make this first move, but neither of us did. Dustin lunged forwards and tackled him to the ground. They started punching each other and rolling around. This was a clear distraction for me to stab him. i took my dagger out, the one without the silver and stabbed the guy in the side, I twisted it around, making his groan in pain and blood pour out from him. his eyes rolled back ad he stopped moving, but I could still see the rise and fall of his chest.

‘Thanks” I breathed out I as looked at Dustin. He nodded once and we both turned back towards the fight.  Chris had just thrown the last rouge to the side and wiped his bloody face with his sleeve. “any of them killed” I asked, I wouldn’t be mad because I knew all the captives were trying to kill them.

“yea one of them sorry” Chris said with a slight smile. “no problem, ok so four here to take back, and all of them have a parent captured that’s the reason why they’re here except for Mariah and Kayla. So five parent and four rouges.  Can four of the guards take the captive bodies and bring them back to the house, treat there wounds and all, I’m going to find Mariah Kayla and their parents”  I said. just then Jace , Dale and even came through the bushes. Jace let out a low whistle once he saw the sight of all this.

“I want Chris, Jace, Dustin, Kat, Rebecca, Luke and Lucas coming with me. the rest of you make sure they get home” I nodded towards the unconscious captives. Everyone nodded at me began walking. The only ones left were the seven of them I said to come with me.  “ok Jace so what did they say?” I asked.  “they knew, I told them that there wasn’t going to be an attack though, my pack was out there fighting them. we have to call them tonight though” I nodded and began walking. Mariah and Kayla were with two other warriors, which meant that they were with the rest of the parents since there was only two more guards. “ok Kat an Rebecca, try and find a trace of anything else” I nodded towards the trail. They walked in the front as me and Jace walked behind everyone.  This was stressing me out already, I needed everyone out alive, and right now I wasn’t to sure that was going to happen. That’s why I sent most of them away………. But all the ones left with me are the one’s that are my family, I lose them then I lose a part of me.