Chapter 15

hey i started a new short story called want me? check it out :) (oh and i took down the hunt. it wasn't working for me ...

Chapter 15

Maya’s POV

Everyone stared at the speaker. Well this was going to be an interesting hour. It’s hard enough being placed in the same cart with Dustin, but another hour I can’t handle. “you know what? I would like to spend the next hour in peace, so if you don’t mind, please stop talking” I said and sat down on the seat, bracing myself against Chris. I think it would be better for everyone if everyone remained quiet.

Well that lasted about 2 seconds before Dustin had to open his bug mouth “well I can’t exactly ignore that!” he motioned towards us. “Well close your eyes!” I yelled. I was starting to lose it now. “Baby calm down” Chris whispered in my ear. My body relaxed a little, melting into him as he put his arms around me.

Dustin threw his hands up in the air then finally sat back down in his seat.  He leaned back and closed his eyes. “oh how peaceful this is” Marcus had to say while rolling his eyes.  “oh would you just shut up!”. This was getting annoying now I couldn’t take it anymore. “yea and what are you gonna do about it?” he challenged. “I’ll go over there and punch you in the flipping face” I threatened. “yea? Well then come at me”. That made me lose it. I jumped out of Chris’s arm and punched him under his eye, right on his cheek bones. “What the hell!” he clutched his face with one hand while taking a swing at me with the other. I ducked and smiled “aww looks like someone can’t fight” I teased.

He kept swinging at me, and I kept laughing. It was shaking the cart back and forth. But these things would never fall. The next punch he threw made him nearly fall over. I doubled over laughing at him, and I forgot to dodge his next one, it landed right in my stomach then another one in the jaw. “Damn” I groaned.

That upset my stomach, I felt like I was going to throw up, I leaned my head towards the bar just in time as it came up and flowed out of my mouth with some blood. “What the hell Marcus!” Dustin yelled. “She hit me first”. I got up and punched him in the face again. That was sure to leave a black eye this time “I can punch harder if you feel like fighting” I said while spitting the excess blood out of my mouth.

“Oh god would you two stop, this cart thing is going to fall off the hinge and we’ll all be dead: Chris said coming from behind me and pulling me back down. “I'm done” I admitted. I didn’t feel like fighting “jeez Jake is lucky” I heard Dustin mumble. “Would everyone shut up so we can manage to stay alive up here” Chris exclaimed. I could see where he was coming from. He wasn’t getting involved in this, or else we would all be fighting, probably sending the cart diving downwards.

I relaxed backwards, but when Chris reached for me I pulled away. Just because I understand him doesn’t mean I'm going to take his side. he didn’t help me one bit. “Maya, stop acting like a child” I glared back in response and turned to look out the window. “Oh so that’s how you’re going to be?  Fine.” He huffed and turned the other way. Dustin and Marcus were just looking at us now. It made me smirk to see blood on Marcus’s face. That means I did my job.

Marcus caught me looking a turned away, but Dustin just kept staring into my eyes, like he was looking for something. “What” I snapped. I was getting impatient with this now. “Nothing, your eyes are just so beautiful” he whispered. I rolled my eyes and turned back towards the window. I was in no mood for his stupid games.

20 agonizing minutes later someone finally speaks through the speakers “attention passenger. The problem is now fixed, and we will continue moving along”.  “YES” I throw my hands up and exclaim. “aww we weren’t that bad.” Dustin smirked. “yea you were” I glared at him then sat back down next to Chris. He wore a tired expression on his face, didn’t seem like he wanted to be here right now. ‘Hey Chris what’s wrong?’ I asked through the mind link. ‘nothing Maya, just leave me alone.’ He replied. ‘No really what’s wrong’ I frowned in confusion. ‘just leave it Maya.’ He sighed yet again. ‘No Chris tell me please’. ‘Ok you really want to know? I just don’t want to be here with you and have to listen to you be stupid and start another fight. I'm not going to jump to your side every time you decide to start a fight. It’s just annoying.’ I stared at him in shock. How could he say that, yea we did fight but I didn’t start it purposely? ‘oh’ I was too dumb struck to say anything else. I moved away from him and sat there waiting for the ride to end.