Chapter 31

~ vote and comment :)

---------------------------------------

Chapter 31

Maya’s POV

I woke up in a bed this time, the funny thing was that I was human. I had feet and hands and hair on my head! I was back to normal! I guess when I passed out that was just my body taking on the change. It actually worked. I looked down at myself to see I have been dressed in one of my old baggy t-shirts and some shorts. I kept some clothes at Blain’s just in case of an emergency.

I stumbled out of the bed, everything felt stiff. But it felt so good. I couldn’t keep the smile off my face as I wondered out of the room and into Blain’s working area. ‘it worked” I yelled. His head along with Annie’s snapped over to mine. They both had huge smiled on their face “and thank god for that” he yelled back while pulling me into a hug. “thank you so much Blain” I don’t know what I would do without him.

“your welcome Maya, but don’t you think you should be getting back to your pack about now?” he raised a eyebrow and I sighed. He was right, as much as I didn’t want too. “Ok then fine. I’ll see you both later bye Annie” I called out while walking towards the door. They both smiled and waved as I walked out. They were always the one to tell me the best thing to do- while they were in hide out from the government that is. 

I took off my clothes and shifted into my wolf and carried my clothes in my mouth. I kinda wonder what they are all doing right now back home. They had to of noticed I went right? I ran straight for a hour, but I couldn’t keep it anymore. I shifted back and walked for 10 minutes. Too get back to the pack house I would have to run 2 more hours in wolf form. Damn Blain lived far away. That’s why I usually dive there.

In between every hour I walked ten minutes so I was back at the pack hour a couple hours later. No one was outside and it was a beautiful day. I shifted and changed back into my clothes. My hair hung on my shoulders in heap and I’m sure I must look like crap, but as long as I’m not in wolf form then I’m all good.

I walked up towards the door, ready to finally go and meet what I left behind.

Chris’s POV

I’m laying in my bed now, being a lazy depressed ass. Last night when we reached a field, Maya’s scent stopped, as if she was in the field but we couldn’t find her. we had to resort to coming back to the pack house and sending out 2 trackers that would be out all day. It was already noon and nothing. To say this was our fault was the complete truth. We could have tried to help her instead of push her away. Our intentions always come out the wrong way.

I heard the back door slide open from where I was laying. Couldn’t be anyone useful other than the trackers. Jace and Dustin were also locked up in their room crawled up in their bed. Not that I could blame them, she mattered a lot to all of us.

I dragged my sorry self out of bed and down the stairs to see if it was one of the trackers. As soon as I saw who came in my eyes went wide and my jaw dropped. Maya stood there is all her glory. She was human and alive and here and standing right in front of me.  “Maya” my voice was so soft and low, I just couldn’t believe she was right there in front of me.

She looked down, staring at the ground while playing with her hands. I know I should call the others but I need to talk to her first “Maya please look at me, I am so sorry for everything. When I saw you gone I broke down. I realised exactly what I did, I hurt you again. I know I'm not the most perfect best friend but I love you” I walked towards her and tipped her chin up too look at me.