Chapter 44

sorry for all the slow uploads lately, it's been getting busy. i want to have the next one up by thursday so im going to try. pleae comment and vote! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 44

Maya’s POV

It’s been two days, I have sat here staring at her un-conscious body. People would constantly tell me to get up, do something, even eat. But I cant, I won’t leave her side before she is back with me. even Dustin has been getting frustrated of telling me to snap out of it. but they just don’t understand what it’s like to lose the last good piece of family you have. The one person who raised you and was always there for you, the person no one can ever replace. She has been in the pack doctor’s room ever since she came back, and so have i.

My dad is still in the basement, getting nothing. And the rouges that have been rescued have gone back to their original packs, except for Shay Jack and Hazel. They have joined our pack because they didn’t want to go back. since I I haven’t moved in the last two days, that leaves everything on Jace’s shoulders. And I don’t know what to do, I feel bad but I cant bring myself to do anything about it. I pray for Mariah to wake up any day now. I finally get her back and now I'm losing her, I cant handle losing yet another thing after I’ve gone so far to gain it.

The door creaked open and I didn’t even bother to check who it was. it was either Dustin, Jace or Chris that came to try and get me out of here. “Maya please just reason with me here” I heard Dustin sight at the end of his sentence when he took a seat beside me. “and what would that be?” I hissed out sharply. I was tired of them telling me everything was going to be fine and that I needed to take a break and get out of here. “just come and get something to eat with me and then we can come back in here, I want to take you out to this great restaurant” he said and I could practically feel him looking at me. he already knew the answer so why does he ask? “maybe later but not right now” I said not taking my eyes off of Mariah’s lifeless body.

“Maya! Would you stop being like this? It isn’t the end of the world. We helped a lot of people and one life is a small price too pay. You can manage without her, hell you have been for the last couple of months, so why are you being like this all of a sudden?” he bursted out in anger. I slowly turned towards him, anger had flared up in me, he cannot say that. He doesn’t know what I'm going through. He has never had to lose someone or go through anything I have.

“you don’t know what I go through with Mariah. I’ve managed because she was my drive. I had to find her, and this is not a small price to pay. I started out trying to find her and get her back. that is the reason I was doing all this. And losing the cause is no a small price, don’t ever tell me that again. Don’t even bother talking to me again!” I roared out the last part. He looked a little taken back but I didn’t care. They knew what they were doing and they all knew what kind of state I was in. they had no right to get mad at me right now. that was the worse that has ever came out for my mouth, mostly because that was the worse he had ever said.

“no Maya, I'm not letting you do this anymore. Your going to come out of here even if I have to do it by force” he stood up and shook his head while walking out the door. Well good luck to him then, because they would have to drag me out of here un-conscious to get me out.

Dustin’s POV

I shut the door behind me and started walking downstairs. She cant live like that, the longer she spends in there then the worse Mariah’s death is going to affect her. everyone but her can see that Mariah is that close to death and there would have to be a miracle for her to wake up.