Chapter 11

well this chapter is longer, and better. it was easier writting this time. alot of maya and Dustin in this one. This is where some of the action starts, also im uploading a new story called the hunt. check it out and tell me what you think :) comment and vote....... anyway chapter 11.

Chapter 11

Maya’s POV

I finally realized what I was doing. I put my hands on his chest and pushed him back, sending him stumbling away from me. “Don’t.  Touch. Me.” My voice sounding weak as a whisper. “Why Maya, we are mates after all. They’re made to e together. We all make mistakes.” His voice echoed, Strong and sure. “Well mates don’t reject each other, just because of status. You didn’t like me before so why do you like me now? no one liked me before and you rejected me for not being good enough? Change your mind now? well so did I. I'm with Chris and I don’t want a mate like you.” My voice came out strong as I said that.

Confident with each step I took towards him, I leaned in and brushed my lips against his ear. “how does it feel to be replaced? How does it feel to have to watch your mate be with someone else while you wish you were” I said whispering my feelings of that day to him. watching him go around and be with other people, and after what Chris told me about Emily? He was with others while I was gone. I felt it and even at the time when he rejected me, he was with someone. I didn’t know who because I didn’t keep tabs on his life but someone.

I walked out the door back to the bon fire. I sat back down beside Chris and leaned my head on his shoulder . “I'm getting tired now I think I might head in”. “ok, ill come with you, mostly everyone is gone now.” he replied lifting me up and carrying me. “you don’t have to carry me, I can walk” I laughed. “well your tired, and you deserve it” he smirked as he walked into the house. we passed the kitchen and Dustin was still there. Standing leaning against the counter, he looked straight at us with a cold emotionless face. I turned my head not wanting to look at him anymore. It wasn’t worth it,  that was over and done with.

Chris opened my door and threw me down on the bed. I laughed as he landed beside me. “stay here tonight” I whispered into his ear. I turned on my side to see him smiling at me. “your so beautiful” he looked at me with soft and caring eyes as he said that. There was no doubt that Chris was the best “thank you.” I replied getting up. I grabbed some PJ pants and went into the washroom to change. Coming back out in a tank top and the pants. I jumped on him as I heard a off from under me. “whoops guess I jumped on the wrong side” I said laughing into his side. I rolled off of him and snuggled into his side. this is where I was supposed to be. I fell asleep like that.

I opened my eyes and squinted looking at the clock. Something had woken me up it was 4am. I looked over to see Chris peacefully sleeping beside me. I groaned and sat up rubbing my hands at my eyes. I looked around the room. Something was slightly off. My door was slightly cracked open. I got up and stumbled over, falling because my legs were still asleep. But before I could fall arms reached up and grabbed me.

The tingles in my arms said it all. It was Dustin “what the hell are you doing in my room!” I spat quietly. I didn’t want to wake Chris and alarm him.

Dustin’s POV

I thought about what she had said long and hard. It hurt me, no it cut my heart deeply to imagine her with someone else. I did reject her but I didn’t want to loose her. those girls when she left were used as a replacement to her, I just didn’t know it yet. I couldn’t get my mind off her when she left and I guess I used that as a distraction. And I was only now figuring it out because now was when I decided to acknowledge I needed her.

I stared as I heard the back door come open and slam back shut. Chris walked by carrying Maya bridal style. I didn’t show any emotion as they looked over at me. I met eyes with Maya but she quickly turned away. Probably not expecting me to be there still. I was still standing leaning against the counter top thinking about her.