Chapter 24

so there will be alot of switching POV's for the next couple chapters, just to see what goes on in everyones eyes. but anyway i wanted to make a new cover for the book. if anyone makes them or knows anyone who does then please tell me :) so Vote and Comment, enjoy

---------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 24

Dustin’s POV

15 more minutes, the anticipation was killing me inside, I really hope she was holding up. Oh who was I kidding, she was Maya Duffield, nothing broke that girl. I looked nervously ahead, I wish I was going to where they held her, but I guess I was still helping her from here.  I only had 6 men, 5 warriors and the beta, only 7 of us in total and I'm not sure if that’s enough.

I sped down the tracks hoping to get there even faster. “Dustin we don’t want to deal with another cop, we were lucky that the last one was a idiot”. Oh my god, I wasn’t the alphas son for nothing. I could do what I want without the beta yelling at me for it. “whatever I just want to get there then go back to Maya” I replied, I was getting annoyed with him, but we would need the numbers, I have no idea how weak those captive wolfs are. Will they even be able to run back? we can’t carry all 40 of them in this truck.  “I know its your mate at stake here, but there are 40 other wolves at that house who have mates out there too, some who think  they will never see again, you aren’t the only one feeling like that. Those wolves could have been trapped for years, not even counting to killed ones.” Stupid wise beta.

He had a point I guess. “I get what you’re saying but with everything that happened between me and Maya it’s kind of hard not to be there for her.” I admitted. It was eating me up inside, when she left for those two months, I fought myself over her every day. I told myself I didn’t want nor need her. But somewhere in my heart, I wanted to go after her. Ever since she came back she changed me day by day.

“oh look since you pretty much just tripled the speed limit, this turn coming up on your right will be the housing areas. The biggest one is most likely where all the captives are being held” I looked around as I turned in. there was a gate surrounding the area so we couldn’t drive in. there was 4 main houses. “ok there is 7 of us, everyone pair up in twos and check the houses for captives. If your house has them then mind link the others” I ordered as I stepped out of the car. The warriors were with each other and one was with the beta. “what about you” one of them said. “there is only 3 pairs between you guys and four houses, I will go in on my own” I continued walking along the paths. The houses were fairly close to each other, so it shouldn’t be too much of a problem.

“ok go I will take the far right, beta takes far left. Other two you guys take the middle one” I said. I turned around once more, facing them all “and be careful, don’t let them no you’re here right away. Kill whatever threatens your life, remember these people are not innocent.” And with that I turned the corner of my house and walked along the side. everything was dead and dirt, no one was in the backyard or anything. This defiantly was not much of a pack house. even for rouges that was low.

There was a window at the top, captives are most commonly held in the basement so I wanted a first floor break in. but most likely everyone would be there so I couldn’t. I chose the window  on the second floor and started scaling the house. I reached the second floor, while I clung to the bricks sticking out, I punched the window, giving me a bloody hand but enough space to get through. I shuffled through the window. The room was a plain brown with a bed in the corner and some drawers beside it. It had one mirror on the far side and a few pieces of clothing was laid out on the bed. It seemed as if theses rooms were just used for sleeping, the rouges didn’t really have much freedom. No one was in here at the time so I walked over to the bed and saw that it was a plain dark blur t-shirt and a pair of black track pants. That must be what is required to be worn. I stripped off and put those on, maybe I wouldn’t give myself away if I had on these things. It fit a bit small but good enough considering the circumstances.