Chapter 41

this is like the final stand of the story, so please comment and vote!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Chapter 41

“can we please do this later Dustin, I want to focus on the rouges right now” I complained, trying to find any way out of talking about this. I was still hurt by what he did, but I know now that I’m going to accept his apology if he says sorry. I’ve become soft like that.

“Uh let me see….. no. we’re talking now, we have a couple miles to walk so we have time to talk” I rolled my eyes and nodded, maybe if I just skimmed through it I could void most of the conversation. “so what did you want to talk about” I asked casually. He gave me a look that clearly said ‘are you kidding me’  I smiled cheekily at him, if I was like this then maybe he would just leave me alone.

“nice try Maya, I know you” my face dropped back into an annoyed look, if he wasn’t believing me them I wasn’t pretending.  “I want to say that we should just put the pack stuff aside for now, I know you and Jace are good friends and you feel like he is family, and you don’t want to chose between us, so we can just deal with that when the time comes” I know he was just trying to make everything better, but that would only last for a certain amount of time, we had to step up and overcome this, and fighting was sure to be involved so we might as well do it now.

“no I want to figure this out soon, your wrong, Jace is not like family, he is family. And we’re going to end up fighting about the situation either way so we need to figure this out soon” I could see he was frustrated, I kept fighting him on everything, but like he said he knows me.  “fine, but can we please do it calmly? I lost my temper last time. And you know what happened, I didn’t mean for it to go that far and I never wanted to hurt you.” He said. I started thinking about the kind of relationship me and Dustin have, we are both stubborn and hard headed, we do what we want and we don’t listen very often. So obviously we’re going to fight a lot. But what makes it worth it is how we balance each other out and how we can always get over it. we weren’t like normal mates who never hurt one another, and were all lovey and mushy. We had our own kind of relationship, and to be honest I kind of like it that way.

“I know you didn’t mean it, I just don’t like being treated like your higher than me, because I'm an alpha too, and next time you do that I wont be so passive” I shot him a smirk to let him no he was forgiven for that. “oh trust me I didn’t even expect that the first time” a smile started to slowly ease it’s way onto his face

I guess you could say we were both more at peace now since being around each other wasn’t so strained.  “so how about when we get back and all this rouge stuff is settled then we can talk to your dad about when your getting the pack, and we can make our decision with his help”  this was the best I could give him, usually I don’t let people have a side.

“that sounds ok” he nodded, we walked through the forest still, pushing leaves and branches out of our face. My memory just had. “hey Kat can you track anything?” I called ahead, we were getting pretty close now and I didn’t want to be caught off guard. “uh I’ll try” she responded and her and Rebecca went ahead and started looking at every single thing.

“Uh yea Maya, we can smell some fresh scents. Not something we can recognize though it’s more of a rugged smell” I nodded, that means that the rouges were here not to long ago. “ok I want Evan and Dale to go with Jace and warn the Fay pack of the rouges, oh and take 2 warriors, everyone else we are going to track down these rouges and kill them” everyone nodded and I caught Jace’s eye. I knew he wanted to stay with me, but an alpha had to go and it couldn’t be alpha Railington since he had to lead some of his pack. with us there is two, and I'm the lead of this whole thing so it’s not like I can.