Chapter 17 - Part 1

well this is short, but i wanted to upload before the weeked. it's only half the chapter. i've bin busy lately but the next upload should come monday or tuesday. tell me what you think :)

-------

Chapter 17

“ok so obviously a lot has changed” I said and sighed. “Hell yea bitch. Dustin told me about the whole mate thing. Since you are my old friend I will have some respect.” She said surprisingly without a smirk. “can I just ask you one thing” my voice came out shaky and weird. She was my old friend and I still do care about her. she’s not heartless either, she won’t ever be towards me “why, why are we not friends anymore?” I just had to know that one thing

“a lot of things changed. I realised you were holding me back, I mean look at who I’m with now. and no offence Maya but you were mean and you acted like you needed no one. I changed and you just didn’t fit  it anymore. I don’t want to be mean to you. But I kind of know now that we’re just not the same as we used to be. You held me back” she said, her eye’s held the truth and I couldn’t argue with that. She had her reasons

“Ok Emily. I just want you to promise we will never hat each other and set out to hurt each other” I said getting up. I know how these things work and I don’t want us to become enemies. “Yea Maya I promise” I pulled her into a hug. A tear escaped my eyes, I really did love Em. “maybe one day in the future Em” I whispered into her shoulder. She pulled away getting uncomfortable. Her eyes were red and glassy with tears. She took one last long look at me and turned around, walking away from me.

I watched her retreat, I whipped my eyes and turned off the tv. It was time to get some sleep now; it’s been a long day. I put my plate in the sink and walked over to Chris’s room. I climbed into his bed and snuggled into his side. He opened one his eyes and squinted “hey it’s just me” I said. He didn’t say anything, but turned away from me on his side. “Chris did I do something. Really can you please tell me? it’s killing me.” I pleaded. “Maya don’t worry about it, everything will be normal tomorrow, I’m just thinking.” He said.

I was about to reply to that before I thought about it, he seemed to need his time. If he’s not normal in the morning I will figure something out.

I woke up in the morning to the pack yelling around and bustling around. Chris was gone and it was only 10. I rubbed my eye’s and looked around. I could hear the house and it seemed like the house was in total panic. I rolled out and walked down the stairs. My voice was cracking from sleep and the light hurt my eyes. but I had to see what all the commotion was about.

“hey what’s all the panic about” I saw Jace and asked. He looked at me in surprise and the whole house turned to stare at me “what?” I asked. No one moved but Jace. He handed me another note addressed with my name. It read

Dear Maya

I have told you already, I want you and we will attack. You are to meet in the willow café today at 4 alone. If you don’t decide to show, everyday a captured wolf will be tortured and barley kept alive. I suggest you come.  Your sister is doing just lovely. She pleads for you every day swearing your vengeance.  What a cheeky little thing she is. Some of the male wolfs seem to be very interested. If you don’t give in, eventually you and your pack will be dead. 

Don’t make me do this Maya. I love you

“this makes no sense!” I screamed out loud. Who the hell loves me? why do they want me so much? What the hell? Now I was in panic. “I know this seems scary Maya but we won’t let anything happen to you” the alpha spoke up.

“no this is bigger than just me. I will be going to the café today. I don’t want anyone getting hurt because of me. no one follow me. I will be in a public place, so I’ll be safe enough. I just need to know what the hell is going on here.” I said all in one huff.