Chapter 10

* a little short, i had a little bit of a block, but hope its good enough :)

Chapter 10

Chris’s POV

I walked out of the house with Maya in my arms. Never in hell would I think this would happen. Like I never thought of Maya any more than a best friend but I guess some things change and happen for a reason. I have no objective to this and anyone who does, well I don’t care.

I'm happily with Maya now, I wanna ask her to be mine. But I'm going to wait for a bit. We just got together today and I'm already happy with her.

We walked back into the pack house and into Jace’s room. Where pretty much everyone was spreaded  across the room. “well guys big new….. WE GOT A HOUSE!” Maya screamed.

Everyone stared at her in shock before cheering and hooting. “how the hell did you manage that?”  Jace asked from the bed. “we talked to the alpha of course and he gave us one out of respect and stuff.” I said.

Everyone was all smiles. “We’re gonna move in next Monday.” I explained. It was Friday so a little more than a week. “alright that sounds awesome.” Arrow said lying next to Tara. “and one more announcement that recently happened” I said looking over at them. Maya looked over at me a little confused. “me and Maya are together now” .  “what” one of the said and the rest of them were laughing. “we all saw that one coming Chris” Luke said. “what how?” I said a little confused. ‘well look at the two of you, you guys are so close it was obviously going to happen, it was only a matter of when. We all had a bet and I won.”  He replied.

“what you guys had a bet about this? This was completely random to me!” Maya exclaimed.  I laughed along with the rest of them at her.

*Later that day*

Me and Maya were going to the bonfire that they had tonight for my arrival. I threw on some shorts and a black t shirt. While Maya put on some jeans and a purple sweater. She swept her hair into a messy bun and me walked outside, to where everyone was sitting around the fire.

“hey why don’t you go wit with your friends I have to talk with Dustin, he is my brother after all and I cant let this ruin our relationship.” I whispered into her ear. She nodded and smiled, she really was amazing she understood so much.

But I had no intention of letting what he did to her go. I walked over and sat down beside Dustin. He looked over at me and looked back at the fire like I wasn’t even there. I did want something to work for us since we were brothers. “Dustin come on, I came over to apologize” he turned to look over at me. “well are you finished with my mate then” he growled at me. “no I like her Dustin and I want to be with her. I just want you to be ok with it. And for us to go back to being brothers” I said. and it was the truth

I did want my brother back but there still would be some payback. “Well I can’t, don’t you understand that you’re dating my mate!  How can I just pretend like nothing’s happened when my own brother is with my mate?” he practically exploded. “look I'm not trying to be difficult, but you rejected Maya and told me that I could have her. I never planned it but it just happened. Can you just accept it please?” I pleaded him. “no I cant. I want Maya and I will get her.” he said looking straight into my eyes. “what? You didn’t want Maya. How the hell are you saying this now that I'm with her?” I was getting mad now. he didn’t care and now he does that I'm with her. “What sparked your sudden change of mind?” I asked him. “well I kept trying to tell myself that I didn’t want her, but each time led me further towards her. the fight. But you kissing her was the last straw. I realised I needed her and I couldn’t let her go.” He explained. “I'm sorry Dustin but I won’t let you have her like that. I want her and I will fight for her”

I said getting up “but I hope when this is resolved that we can go back to being brothers” I said looking behind me and over at him. “Chris I don’t want to do this with my bother but I will fight for her. And when this is all over we will be good again. One of us will lose her and It won’t be me.”

I didn’t say anything to that. I was not losing her that easy. So I guess it’s on.  I sat down beside Maya nd plastered a smile on my face. “hey”  she smiled back and kissed me lightly on the lips.  I felt her smile against me then pull away.

We roasted marsh mellows for a little till we all got bored. It was nice to be home to the family again. Even know so many things has changed in the last couple of hours.

Maya’s POV

It was almost mid-night and most of the pack had already gone in. it was only my pack and some of the others that were still out there. I went into the kitchen and looked around for granola bar. I ate like 4 s’mores and I was still kinda hungry.  

I saw I box of them 2 shelves higher. Bingo! I reached out on my tippy toes but I couldn’t seem to reach it. I was touching it but couldn’t grab it. I felt some one come up behind me. there chest against my back as they reached up over me and grabbed the box with no trouble at all.

I looked behind me and it had to be none other than Dustin. He leaned closer to me. I was backed against the counter now and he was in front of me. I made a move to grab the box in the right hand but he caught it before I could. “Maya” he whispered. I wasn’t going to fall for this. I took my other hand and pushed it against his chest. Sparks went flying in  me. but I wouldn’t give in that easy.

“stop” I was still trying to push him off me. But I wasn’t using all my strength. His eyes were so alluring and inviting. He leaned closer. And closer. I  didn’t pull away. I couldn’t I was trapped in his eyes. I didn’t know what to do. What was I doing? I pushed myself further into the counter, it digging into my skin, but I still made no move to push him away. We were inches apart now……..