Chapter 23

sorry for the really late chapter. this was supose to be up monday. but i had soem family problems that needed to be delt with. atleast i got one upload this week though. regular uploads will start back monday, hope you njoy this one. comment and vote :)

Chapter 23

Maya’s POV

When I blacked out, I wasn’t completely blanked.  I was sub consciously there, like I could feel I just couldn’t move. I could feel when they dragged my limp body across the floor, I could feel as the stuck the needle into my skin, I could feel the liquid burning inside me , taking me strength. But I willed myself not to give in. I completely forgot I had that dagger in my pocket, and whatever green liquid the guard was carrying might be useful, well it has to be since he made a point of carrying it around with him.

I could feel all y cuts and bruises all over my battered body but I forced my myself to gain back consciousness, I slowly opened my eyes, the haven’t noticed yet since I haven’t made any sort of movement. I groaned as one of I felt my arms start to hurt from the grip. They both looked down at me, smirking at my current state. Yea ok you smirk idiots, we’ll see who gets the last laugh.  ‘well seeing as how your awake, I think you can walk yourself” one of them said dropping me to the floor. The other one also let go, letting me fall to the ground. What they didn’t know is that I could muster up enough strength to stab them both.

I got up from the ground slowly, I put my hand into my back pocket feeling the knife handle. I grabbed it with a firm hand and in one swift motion, striked my hand out cutting the first guard in the stomach, I pulled it out quickly as he let out a grunt of pain before slashing it in the second one’s face. The cut ran along from the side of his eye all the way down the his jaw line. The both fell to the floor, but not unconscious. I stabbed them both once more, their breath was becoming shallow, it wasn’t long till they would pass out now.

I ran along the basement trying to find another door, the one my father had come up was most likely heavily guarded and with my state right now, I didn’t have the strength to fight them off. I staggered along the ground, I walked to the back of the basement, there was a lot of tall crates, plenty of things to hide me now. I collapsed on the floor behind on of them, my breathing was coming out shallow and fast.  I pulled out the vile from my pocket, I have no idea what the hell it is, I opened the cap and smelt it. It smelt sweet but also had a tingle of something that I just couldn’t out my hand on.

I closed it quickly, it could either be something to help me, or kill me. the chances were that it would kill me though so its better not to experiment right now. I heard footsteps coming down from the top of the stairs yet again. Jeez how many of these guys are there?

I put the vile back in my pocket and pulled out the knife. The footsteps have stopped but I know they’re still here. I could hear the little padding of feet coming along. I peeked out from behind the crate, this time there was 5 of them and my dad. If they caught me there was no way I was getting out of this one. Last time I had bin lucky, but with all of them and me half unconscious with no wolf, I stood no chance. They were on the other side of the rooms, slowly creeping around the crates. I crawled over to my right, away from them and kept moving along slowly.

I stopped after I passed 2 crates to see where they are at now. the were starting to spread out. one of the bigger ones, was only about 6 crates away from me. My dad was standing at the door, with his arms crossed over his chest “is she here?” he said impatiently. “no it doesn’t look like it sir” the one close to me replied. I but my lip, I couldn’t move now, they had all stopped moving and no one made a sound.  “Mike stay and search here, the rest of you spread out and come with me. I know she’s here. There is only one other door in this basement and she would be dead if she tried to get out of it” my dad said. he turned around and walked out the door. All of them moved except for the one close to me. just my luck.