Chapter 12

Chapter 12

‘where is the note’ I asked. My run had completely changed courses now it was to find these rouges. ‘here’ he said spitting it out of his mouth. I looked it over it read ‘we want Maya Duffield. if we do not get her we will kill all 40 of the wolfs we have here hostage. We will attack your pack, we will get her in the end. So why not just give her to us and save your pack. A call will be forwarded to your house with more information.’ ‘ well that was slightly creepy, but are you thinking what I'm thinking?’ I started running while I was talking to Jace. This was serious there was a death threat of 40 or more wolfs on the line. ‘yea there’s a spy somewhere in that pack.’ Jace said.

We reached the tree where my clothes were. I shifted and changed back as did Jace. We walked into the pack house together and to the alphas office. “alpha this is important we need to see you” I said knocking on the door. “can it wait?” his reply was stupid. We just said it was important. I opened the door to find him and Dustin looking at some file on the computer. Probably some money thing. “alpha there is a threat.” I said handing him the note. He could read it himself. “what should we do? We are not giving up Maya, but there is more than her at stake.” Jace said.

Dustin and alpha Railington read the note carefully. Dustin growled as he read it, but not looking at me. “ok well we are not going to give you up Maya. I learned the last time it is a mistake. We will bate them to come here. This information will not be released, because there is a spy at work here. We will train the warriors to be ready. But remember that we have there alpha and beta. We have some power too. But about the 40 other wolfs they have. I don’t know how we will possibly save them.” alpha Railington said still thinking over it.

“we should wait for the call and see exactly what they want here” the situation was a little vague. There was something missing. But there was something we could use against them.

“ok but do I have permission to tell my pack?” I asked. He seemed thoughtful about this for a second but quick to shoot it down “I'm sorry Maya but we don’t know these people quite yet. Plus you just took one of their members. There is a possibility that they could be in with it. Although it is doubtful. You of  course can tell Chris though. I know he will keep you safe” Dustin growled at the last part “calm yourself!” Jace fired at him. I just nodded in appreciation and turned to leave. “and Maya I do know about the mate thing.” That made me turn back a round to face the alpha. “Dustin told me everything. And although it is your decision I know you will make the right one. I have no objection to you being with Chris. And ill keep this private if you want.” We worded that carefully as he said that.

“will all do respect sir. Thank you an di would appreciate it if you kept it under raps. If Dustin told you my reasons then you must understand. I'm not sure of my decision yet” and with that I turned and walked out followed by a shocked Jace.

Dustin’s POV

“What reasons son?” dad asked. I didn’t want to repeat the whole conversation of last night. But since he could help with this matter I sighed and sat down. I spilled everything. Our conversation last night was now out. I knew I could trust my dad. “Ah I see. She does have her reasons, but she did say she didn’t know yet, so if you do it right this time son you could get her back. Maya is a quite a special girl to lose.” He said.

“Thanks dad. I don’t know why I rejected her” I said gritting my teeth and the thought. “it happens son, it happened with me and your mother. She rejected me the first time we met. Over a couple weeks living together though she realised that she needed Me.” he smiled at the memory. “I just hope my story comes out as a happily ever after” I mumbled under my breath before leaving the office.

I had to impress Maya and show her that I really did change. Yea I didn’t look for her much. I kinda panicked then told myself I didn’t need her. My dad sent out searchers for a week, but nothing. All’s I did was sleep around and be with different girls. Including her ex-best friend Emily.

I guess she just never bothered trying to make a lot of friends she had her sister and Emily, apparently that was good enough for her.

Maya’s POV

I had one thing to look forward tonight.  The carnival with Chris. And hopefully Stacy and Lin were able to come.  Something to take my mind off the resent events in my not so great day.

I walked up the stairs and decided to forget some of my problems and just let loose. I turned up some music and jumped onto my bed. Some things will never change.

I dug through my drawers and found the picture I needed to see. It was the family. Me mars mom and dad. Oh how I missed them.  I have to keep fighting for mars. I don’t want to let her go. A tear slipped down my cheek as I remembered the summer they died. It was a quiet afternoon, dad was playing catch with me and mars in the backyard and mom was sitting on the patio reading a book. Every once in a while looking over at us and smiled.

We were all hot from the hot sun and jumped into the pool. Mom gave in too and we all swam around. We were having so much fun we didn’t know we were being watched. We heard a growl. A dark red wolf stepped out into view. We all got out of the pool quickly and growled. ‘help there are rouges on our land’ my dad sent through the pack mind link. One of them were going to mars while another two came out and jumped at me. my mom tackled my sisters and my dad dealt with mine. We were so little we didn’t know what to do. More wolfs lunged at me and yet again my dad had to protect us. ‘Maya, Mar’s run, there’s not much time. You girls are our world and more. Run, people want you don’t ever give in.’ my dad said. ‘Yes honey go, and Maya be careful there are things out there that you don’t understand yet but you will figure out. Run they will come after you’ I remember my mom telling me that.

I ran back to the pack house with mars.  We got there in time to see everyone in wolf from rushing out. Some of the mothers ushered us inside to where it was safe. But I didn’t want to wait there and see what would become of my family. Instead I rushed out back to my house where scattered bodies were all over the ground. My mom among them. I stood there crying, I got attacked once or twice but someone would always come and help before I had to react.

That was the end. That horrible day that I lost everything. My dad’s body wasn’t found but they said he was dead. I couldn’t contact him, so he must be. I gave up after that. It was a while till I found my life back and I only did it because of them, for them.

Now that I think about it. My mom said that day that they will come after me. but was she referring to that day of also the future. Maybe this was about more than a simple rouge pack wanting to cause trouble. This could involve my parent’s death, my past. But why did they want me that day, why was I a target then and now. There was something that I wasn’t getting. My mother said something about me not understanding something but I will later. Maybe that times now. I haven’t thought back to that day in a while but now that I have it holds some valuable clues to a lot of things. This could be bigger than we know. And why. Why me?