Chapter 37

Chapter 37

I woke up in the morning early for once, Jace was still asleep beside me, and I had some major work to do today. This week I wanted to have the rouge army location and get moving towards it. I had to contact a lot of packs. But firs I needed the best on the job. Alpha Railington should be up and he should have some resources, after all he is the bigger pack. once ours grows then we will have a tracker and everything, but right now our pack is mainly made up of fighters.

I threw on some jeans and a t-shirt before creeping into the pack house. it was 7am so the soft glow of the morning sun illuminated the house. Almost no one was up and the house was silent so I made sure to be quiet. I walked up to the alpha’s office and knocked softly. “Come in” I heard the voice say from inside.

I opened the door and closed it behind me, alpha Railington bent over the computer looking tired and frustrated. “I was wondering If I can borrow some trackers. I know how to find the rouges I just need the resources” that brought his attention to me. “you know how to find them?” he asked with a raised eyebrow. I nodded slowly as he looked down on his computer and started typing. He rolled his chair across the room and grabbed a sheet that had just printed. “these are the top trackers in the state, there are labelled differently. Some are computer and some are blood trackers which means they can find where you want them too.” he sad handing me the sheet.

There were only a few in each category, maybe 4 or 5. But that’s good, I needed people on my team that I could trust. “and I need to see my dad and get my hands on his phone” I said. “well then go ahead. I have his phone secured somewhere, come pick it up and noon, and if you want you can go and see your father now” he nodded. “thank you alpha” I bowed my head in respect and left the office. It was only a matter of time now till I got the rouges in my hands.

I padded down the stairs to the basement quietly. I saw a door with a red x on it, that was most likely where my dad was. I opened the door quietly and stepped inside. Inside the door was a cell, with bars resistant to werewolves of course. My dad laid down on one of the bunks asleep. “get up” I boomed, startling him awake. I had no feelings left for my dad, he died along with my mother that day.

“Maya honey, I’ve been asking for you but they kept saying no” he smiled and beckoned me closer. “no dad, I want to know where Mariah is, she is you child and we will find her one way or another. It just depends on how you corporate with us on whether or not we will let you live” I spat back at him. “you won’t find them, there is top trained wolves with them and no one can trace them. you are my daughter not her. and I don’t believe that you will let your own dad get killed under you eyes, I know the kind of person you are Maya, and you care about people too much. You forgive to easily, and you trust to fast” a slick smirk came across his face.

Was that really the way I was? I never thought about it. but I always thought I surrounded myself with good people. I didn’t have many of them- wait I'm letting him get in my head and twist my thoughts. No way is he going to manipulate me.

“then you don’t know me at all. You will realise that when you are dead, unless you want to tell me where they are” I said coldly and harsh. “you do know your not in charge, so then for you have no say to keep me alive or kill me, that is the alpha decision “ he smirked. Well here was the fun part. “actually I'm one of the alphas for the Fuerte pack, and I'm mated to Dustin, the next alpha in line for this pack. so actually I have quite a bit of power around here, I can make or break you. Your in no position to be questioning me” I smiled.  “oh wow, you’ve started to make a name for yourself, good job. Mariah would have never gotten that far. And what do you mean one of the alpha’s, what  pack has to alphas. And why isn’t your manly mate handling this” he sneered.