Chapter 5

Chapter 5.

 I floated around in a dream like world, thinking of how everything would be so much easier without all these problems. Dead family, kidnapped sister, rejected mate. Hated pack. You know all those things. But that’s what makes the world turn I guess. Some people have it good and others have to fight for it.

I could tell I wasn’t conscious from the way everything seemed so simple and peaceful in my mind. No pain, no sign of hurt, loss or struggle. Those are the things my life is made of and sometimes I wish it was different. But other time I realize what I have. I met Luke Lucas Jace and Tara and they made it bearable.

I was never one to give up, never make things easy. But I guess I was made tough because of how I grew up and I'm thankful that this is me today. Strong independent and colourful. I never gave up hope on anything. So what am I doing now enjoying being down and un conscious while all my friends fight?

I forced myself to start feeling my body again. I could feel my head throbbing with pain and my side and back felt like they were on fire. I felt numb and I wasn’t in control of my body. But I had to fight to regain myself. To help them. I slowly opened my eye with the heavy feeling I was getting it was hard to keep it open but I did.

To my surprise I wasn’t laying in the forest in the middle of nowhere or a fight. I was laying on a white bed.

I tried to sit up and groaned at the pain. I was in a white room and my side was wrapped in a white bandage. As was my other cuts. I tried to swing my leg off but my body was so heavy and numb that it was hard. My clothes were still the same. Stained with blood and dirt but I pushed myself off the bed and looked around. It was a little Doctor thing. They had disarmed me and my gun and knifes were sitting on the table across the room. I made my way cautiously towards them and placed them back on me.

I staggered towards the door and opened it. What I saw only angered me more. I was back at the pack house. where were the boys and Tara. But more importantly where was the rouge alpha and beta.  I walked down the stairs into the living room where the alpha, Dustin, Jake and Marcus sat. I turned around to walk back out of the room where I was probably not wanted when he spoke.

“Maya come here” I slowly turned around to face them. With my face hard and cold. Not showing any emotion except anger. “What” I spat. I don’t care if I was disrespecting him he wasn’t my alpha anymore I disowned myself from the pack.

“come sit here” he said in a more gentle tone now. I guess he realised what he had done to me. I took a seat next to him and Marcus. They were all staring at me. I raised my eyebrow in question, “ok Maya we have a lot to ask you. But first I know you were mad when we said that we couldn’t help your sister, but who are these other people, why did you dis own yourself from the pack and how did you manage o take down an alpha beta and guard of a rouge pack?” he said with curiosity. “well I guess now is where the truth comes out” I said with a bitter smirk looking at Dustin. “my mate rejected me and I satayed around, but when mars was captured that was the last straw I couldn’t stand here and wait for them to kill her so I went after them. I met those people along the way. Their sister had also been kidnapped so we worked together and  then we found another insider of the rouges that was on our side. so we attacked and fought the,” I said. They all stared at me with shocked eyes and opened jaws.

I just leaned back into the chair and relaxed for the first time. Wait what about the rest of the? “where all my friends and the alpha and beta of the pack” I said looking at all of them.

“well since we found them with you we assumed that you knew them and we gave them rooms to rest. The alpha , beta and guard are all in the dungeon in cells.” He said.  “are all of them on the same floor as me?” I asked. He simply nodded. I already knew which rooms were empty on that floor so they would be staying in that one. “ok well tell the rouges to contact their pack and let their prisoners go in exchange for the lives of their alpha and beta. Kill the guard as a sign of no mercy.” I said getting up and walking out.

“Maya I want you to know how sorry I am. I really didn’t think all this would happen. And for that ass of a mate who rejected you, well he’ll get his karma. Your probably better off without him” the alpha said to me. I turned around and smiled. “apology accepted. And for the mate, he moved on and I guess I will to.” I said looking Dustin in the  “apology accepted. And for the mate, he moved on and didn’t take a look back. So I guess that’s what I'm going to have to do too” I said walking upstairs now.

I knocked on the door 3 times softly of the blue door right across my room. Jace opened it with a single pair of jeans on. His hair messed up and his eyes looking tired and worn out but relived. “Jace” I said walking up and hugging him. He hugged me right back.

We walked in and he closed the door. “how’s the side?” he asked as we sat down on the bed. “its healing. But how the hell did we end up back here?” I asked. “well after you passed out the alpha and his son, and the bets and his son came looking apparently for rouges and you and they crossed us and helped us. they saw you and invited us back here where they said they would help us.” he said laying on his back.

“wow, hmm ok are you guys doing ok here?” I said as I laid my head on his chest.  “Yea we’re fine. I think we should stay here when we are done with the rouges.” He said. “Yea I guess, it’s really not that bad,. It just annoys me when they let people die like that.” I said. “And your  mate. I'm sorry about that. Who is he.” He said in a quiet and gentle voice. “No one knows but it’s the alphas son Dustin” I said in a weak voice. Not sounding like me at all.

“it’s ok Maya we’re all here for you.” He murmured to me. “well we should probably go and see how the rest of them are doing.” I said getting up and pulling him up with me. “yea we should, you’ve bin knocked out for a couple hours so they were all worried.”

We walked out the door with his still holding me to keep me steady. With me still being a little woozy and all. We passed Dustin on the way and they moment he saw us he growled. Jace just growled back leaving the two of them giving each other death looks and growling like a pack of angry dogs. I just pulled Jace forward and kept walking. “your still my mate and you can’t change that. Remember that” he said turning away and walking.

His voice still sounding means and strong, he had no regret nor would he ever. I would have to cope with it living like this.

We opened a cream white door at the end of the hall and there laid all 4 of them, Tara Luke Lucas and Arrow. The all yelped in surprise but when they say me a smile spread across their face as they got up and rushed towards me. I got caught up in a huge hug and let out a chuckle. “thanks guys because of you we have our chance at getting back our sisters and living happily” I said to them. things weren’t so bad. I was an arms way reach away from mars, just as long as I played my cards right. and I have a new family now, these guys would never turn on me and I already love them.