Chapter 34

‘Well this chapter is for all of you Dustin and Maya fans. This is what you have all been waiting for! A break from her life and problems and onto their romance finally! I loved writing it and I hope everyone likes it, so comment and vote!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 35

Chris drove like there was no tomorrow and I sat in the passenger seat slightly panicked, what has gotten into him, “Chris slow the hell down!” I squeaked as we whipped around a turn yet again. What was so important that he had to rush? We’ve been driving for almost half an hour now, and he has been driving more crazy every minute.

He wouldn’t reply to anything I said, once in a while he would say just wait. “Your acting kind of crazy, wanna tell me what’s happening?” I said with w wild expression on my face. “oh don’t worry about it” he muttered, he simply told me to get ready and then he pretty much sped away with me in his car. Along the way he muttered something that sounded like ‘late’ but I couldn’t catch the rest of it.

With another 15 minutes in the car he skidded to a stop about 20 meters away from the forest. What is this going to be Hansel and grettle? Because I didn’t bring any bread crumbs…  he got out of the car and came around to my side. before he could open it I got out and faced him with a confused face. “so now that we’re here are you going to try and lose me?” I joked.

He pulled me a couple meters away from the car and held onto my wrists. “listen carefully because I am only saying this once” he said slowly. I nodded a bit un-sure. “go into that forest and follow the path, it will be obvious.” He said pointing into the trees. He’s crazy if he expects me to go in there in the middle of the night alone with no idea what I'm doing.

“take this and don’t open it for 2 minutes” he said handing me a blue silk box. What the hell was this? “what- I was about to ask him what he was on but he cut me off “good luck” he gave me a smile before randomly sprinting over to his car, I ran to the passenger side but he had locked the door, the he sped off away from here leaving me in the middle of nowhere with little instructions in the dark.. how nice of him.

I have no idea what has gotten into him but it’s kind of freaking me out. he was in such a rush to leave me in the middle of nowhere?  I eyed the box in my hand and figured what the hell, I might as well do what he said. I didn’t really have another option.  I slowly tucked the blue box in my pocket and walked into the woods. In the distance I could see a blue light among the trees, I guess that was the path I was supposed to follow.

I walked up to the blue light to see it was actually a fresh white rose with a blue light in the bulb. It was absolutely gorgeous, and in the distance was another one, I could see them lighting up the forest in the distance. I picked up the rose and inhaled the natural sent. I always loved the smell of flowers, this was getting weirder and weirder as I was going along. After I picked up the third rose I decided I waited long enough to open the box.

I pulled the blue silk box out of my pocked and slowly opened it. It took my breath away at what was inside it, a beautiful white gold necklace with an Arrow pendant. It was perfectly detailed, an arrow stood fro the sign of strength in warrior ways and whoever gave this to me knew that perfectly well. I took it out of the box and examined the beautiful necklace. One the back engraved was ‘here’s to us and love’

I knew very well what that meant. This was all Dustin, and it warmed my heart that he would do this for me. the words represent everything that we’ve been through, strength like the arrow. And our love that will come out in the end. I put it around my neck, but I couldn’t bring myself to let go of the pendant.