Chapter 26

as promised, finally an upload , vote and comment :)

------------------------

Chapter 26

Maya’s POV

Black spots dotted my eyes and my shoulder felt like it was on fire, I shifted back to human since my wolf couldn’t hold the form. I could feel the warm blood running down my arm. I let out a moan in pain, but it would have hurt mike much more.

I tried to move, but my body wouldn’t comprehend. The pain was to much and I felt like lead. “Maya!” Mike screamed from behind me or something. All I could do was groan in response.

“aww look what you did now mike, you just hurt my daughter. Thank god it was just a shoulder shot. Honey get up” my dad ordered. is he really serious, he expects to get up with a bullet in my shoulder? It was close range so it hurt even more. And he didn’t even know I drank the vile that protected me against silver. Well I might as well work it to my advantage.  “dad I can’t, it hurts so much. I- I can feel the silver slowly kil- I cut myself off as I pretended to close my eyes. it hurt like hell to talk. But I had to shift. It took everything in me but I managed to shift back into my wolf. I laid helpless on the ground though, since I still couldn’t move. This way I had a reason not to talk to him. “oh god Maya, honey wake up. Please I need you to keep your eyes open.” My dad kneeled beside me and began pressing his hand to my head. that was part of the old dad that I once knew. But I know now that he isn’t the same.

He lifted my limp form in his arms. I opened one eye so he couldn’t see and stared at mike long and hard to let him no that I was ok and that he should go now. he stared intently back at me. I could tell he knew what i meant, but didn’t want to leave me like this.

I didn’t have another chance though. I heard heavy steps coming down towards the room. And I was talking like 10 people.  But the people or wolfs that bursted into the room was not at all what I expected. It was none other than my pack. They had come to save me! One of them charged my dad, making me drop to the floor in a heap. Alpha Railington walked in the door after. Two wolfs were fighting my dad and the aloha walked over to me. “Maya?” I whimpered and nodded my head. another wolf rushed in and tackled mike. Again I was forced to shift in order to tell them to stop. I motioned towards his shirt, he understood  and took it off, giving it to me. I shifted, painfully yet again. But at least I could do it. “don’t hurt mike” I managed to mumble. My voice was low and weak but alpha Railington heard.

“back off” he command without a question. He then looked to me for an explanation “he was helping me get out of here. I want hi un harmed and out of this place alive. He will come with us till he is able to decide what to do with himself” I managed to choke out, before chocking on my own blood that has now started coming up my throat.

I gagged on it, but swallowed. By vision was starting to become hazy and everything was fazing. I wasn’t surprised that I was blacking out. after all I’ve been laying here bleeding out for a couple minutes now.

Dustin’s POV

Me and the other four took off to the fifth house. I could barely see it but it was down there. It was a lot smaller than the rest and it seemed to be more broken. i reached the doors and knocked it down. There was sure to be a lot of guards in this place, If ten of them were in one house.

The men followed in behind me, but we all stopped and stared at what we saw. The place was filthy and disgusting. Three young girls were chained to a post. Their clothes were ripped and their faces had bruises and cuts on them. they were awfully dirty and you could see the pain they were in from their newly inflicted wounds. What had caused them to receive this sort of treatment? While the others were living in captivity but peace, these people were barley living in pain and agony.

I rushed over and snapped the chains in half. They all looked at me with fearful eyes, they thought I was going to hurt them. “one of you take these three outside and towards the front. Stay with them and protect them” I said. I gently pushed them towards the guys. I know they don’t know what is going on now, but they were in no place to question it. I would explain later.

I walked more into the place. I was faced with three doors. One was painted red, one black and one was a navy blue. I had no idea what these meant but there was surely people in each. “ok there is 3 of you guys. Each one take a door, in case any try and escape I’ll be out here. If you need any assistance tell me” they all walked forwards and picked a door. These men weren’t top warriors for nothing. They had earned it rightfully. They each kicked down the door and rushed in forcefully. I looked in through the red one first. The room was stained with blood on the floors and there was knifes hanging from the walls. A girl and a boy were strapped down to the table, one guard was in their butting them slowly and deeply. It hurt so much to see what they were going through, though they did not let out a scream or a whimper. All the pain was seen through their eyes.

I turned my face away as Kail took over and charged the guard. I looked towards the black door. Inside there was a 2 women. They laid unconscious after some sort of punishment.  Their bodies were frail and weak. There was no blood but that doesn’t mean it was any less painful. I turned to look at the last door. The navy blue one. I peered in it and I wish I hadn’t……..

Chris’s POV

I was on top of the rouge alpha and was about to snap his neck when my father’s voice echoed in the room. “don’t kill him. he is probably the only one who knows where Maya’s sister is”. And he was right. I don’t know if Dustin had found her, but for some reason I don’t think he had.  Instead I punched him in the face and knocked him out. At least he wouldn’t be a problem to get back home.

I dropped his un conscious body and walked over to where Maya laid. She was still, but her chest was heaving up and down trying to breath.  We need someone on her now. clean and bandage the wound. Stop the bleeding and keep her un conscious. I ordered. although I wasn’t in the pack they all listened to me. they began working on Maya as I picked up her dad. I threw him carelessly over my shoulder and walked out of the house. I had come here to save Maya and we had succeeded. But we didn’t get much closer to finding her sister, which was the main point in the first place.

The rest of them came out a little later And stepped inside the car. We had attacked and made sure to kill all the rouges before going down for Maya so there shouldn’t be anyone left in those ruins. And they will again become lifeless ruins of a powerful and harmful rouge pack. we drove in silence and I decided against telling Dustin that we got Maya, it might distract him.

I don’t know what was wrong with me at the moment but I just couldn’t feel anything. I kept looking over at Maya’s limp body and every time it reminded me of what I did to her and how this is partially my fault. I never meant to hurt her like that, or ever out her in any danger.    I couldn’t be glad to save her because I was one of the main reasons she was in the mess. If I hadn’t said what I did then maybe she would have stuck around and let Jace go with her like originally it was planned.

I know if something had happened to her I would never be able to forgive myself. I can’t express how thankful I am to have her alive. I’ve been such a bad friend to her, she tried to help me even if it caused her pain and in return I just gave her a harder time.

 -------

things will start to get back into Maya Dustin problems in the next few chaps so the switching POV's will stop soon