Chapter 14

*please support my new story, the hunt. it'll be appreciated  :)

--

-Chapter 14

Arrow’s POV

I stared into her lovely warm brown eyes. I could see my whole future there, I was still young. A year younger than Maya and her friend here, “I'm Arrow” I held out my hand. I couldn’t stop smiling, she was just so perfect. Not someone who was polished and fake, so unique and perfect. “Stacy” she said shaking her hand. Tingles shot up inside me. I felt so alive and happy, I never knew I could feel like this. I held her hand and pulled her into a hug. I ignored all the people around me as I hugged my mate. She had the sweet scent of lavender.

She melted into my side perfectly, her head fitting in the crook of my neck. She was so perfect. I pulled apart and I finally noticed the tension in the air. Maya and Chris were having a stare down with Dustin and Marcus and Jake was just standing there looking uncomfortable with the whole thing. “uhm” I mumbled fiddling with the collar on my shirt. Everyone turned to stare and at me. This wasn’t going to be easy. I had 4 angry looking people staring at me. “well uh I see we all managed to reach up together, how about we ride together.” I suggested. “no” one of them shouted at me. thank god we were next in line. I pulled Stacy with me and we hoped in the cart, Jake followed behind, I'm sure he didn’t want to get stuck with them either “just three” the guy asked. I quickly nodded my head. Glad to get away from them for a little.

“so Jake? Uh what just  happened?” I took Stacy’s hand in mine ad put in on my lap. “Well uh I didn’t want to take any sides since there both my friends so I hoped on with you guys. I have suspicion that Maya and Dustin are mates, but every time I ask him he grunts and changes the topic quickly” he explained.

“uh well I think I should tell you, you can’t tell them you know though.” He nodded his head and I continued “well the day Maya left to go find her sister and stiff, was the same day she found her mate. Your right, she was mates with Dustin but as soon as he found out he rejected her and stuff, so now he wants her back and stuff. But she thinks nothing’s changed with him and she doesn’t want to be with him anymore” I huffed out and slumped into my seat after that. Jake’s eyes were wide in shock but I had to let it sink in “so uh why is she dating Chris?” he asked. ‘I don’t know, it just kind of happened. They were always good friends and stuff, so yea. A little bit on tension” I said. “ok well um I think we should discuss this later” he said motioning towards Stacy.

“so Stacy……

Dustin’s POV

Jake, Arrow and whoever that girl was hoped on the cart. Leaving me Maya Chris and Marcus. “sir the carts ready.” I broke eye contact with Maya and walked in behind Chris. “you two, this is a four seated cart, you two can join them” he explained. Maya sighed as Chris gave the guy a death stare before climbing on and sitting across from us.

Maya shifted closer into Chris’s side as she sat down. “do you guys have to do that?” I asked in a angry tone. Maya looked down and was about to pull away when Chris put his arm around her holding her there “yea we do. We want to” he said in the same rude tone used. “Just can’t keep your hands off the pack slut right Chris” Marcus said from beside me with a laugh.  “Apparently not” I said before thinking that through while rolling my eyes. Maya and Chris’s head snapped towards me. I looked straight into Maya’s angry and hurt eyes. Oh shit. What did I just say “I- uh” I couldn’t get out the apology. “Just save it, at least now I know what you really think about me” Maya said, her eyes turning a deep shade. All emotion was rid from her face. I could tell she was hurt though.

“Wow Dustin didn’t know you could go that low.” Chris said looking hard at me. Even know he was my brother it didn’t look like he liked me right now. “What the hell are you guys talking about? It’s just the truth; Maya’s just a little slut. He was simply stating Marcus said looking confused. But that was all Chris could take apparently. He jumped out of his seat; Maya grabbed his waist pulling him back down. But he was struggling against her hold. “Chris calm down” she leaned into his neck trying to comfort it. This time it was me who lost it.

I stormed out of my seat and ripped Maya off him “mine”. My eyes were surely black by now. I grabbed her and pulled her onto my lap while is at back down. She thrashed around trying to get out of my hold but I wouldn’t let her go “Dustin let the go” she growled at me. I couldn’t though. I needed her “I didn’t mean what I said” I nested my head in her neck. I could feel her warmth flowing through me. This was how it was supposed to be with mates. “well I don’t care. Let the hell go of me” she screamed into my ear. Chris looked murderously angry by now, but made no move to move. She was probably telling him not to through her mind link.

“Maya.” I said into her neck. But I guess she finally had enough. She jabbed her elbow into my stomach making me lose my grip for a split second. “Don’t you ever fucking ouch me again” she spat at me, sitting back down straight across from me. ‘don’t talk to me like that?” I warned her. “What the hell is going on here” Marcus exclaimed from beside me. “Or what?” she dared. She obviously had no respect left for me at this point. I growled in response. She knew I wouldn’t hurt her., no she probably didn’t know that because I already did. I broke her heart that day and when we fought I had her blood all over me. “How’s the side” I smirked at her. She gave me a long hard look. Before pulling up the side of her shirt showing the white bandage stained red with blood. I hissed through my teeth at the sight of it. “Why are you healing so slowly, and why is it still bleeding” praying the second part wasn’t me.

“I passed out shortly after that so I couldn’t shift to heal, so I'm stuck healing with it at a normal paste. And as for the blood. You kicked me too hard, the wound was still fresh and you opened it up more and making it deeper” she said. I closed my eyes and sighed. I did that to her “I'm so sorry Maya. I really am” my eye’s softened at the sight of that. I can’t believe I did that to her. “Doesn’t matter.” She stated looking away from me, back at Chris. I looked over at Marcus; I completely forgot that he was there.

“What the hell man? Would someone explain what the fuck is going on?” he threw his hands up in the air. Should I tell him? I looked over at the two of them and they were both staring at me intently “Marcus you have to promise not to tell anyone.” I stated. Chris looked over at me shaking his head in disappointment. He thought I was ashamed at Maya being my mate. But I wasn’t I just didn’t want people knowing about it till I got her back for good. It would cause I big stir in the pack if I did tell them and they saw she was with Chris. Most of all they would see that I messed up as there future alpha.

“Yea ok you know I have your back bro” he said before glaring at Maya and Chris. “Well the truth is Maya’s my mate and I rejected her. But I really regret it now, and I would do anything to get her back” I stared at Maya while I said that, looking for some sort of reaction. But the only thing I got was a cold emotionless face. “Shit” he muttered “yea…” I agreed. He looked so shocked but didn’t say anything more.

“well you surely messed things up” Chris smiled at me with a mock smile from across. While he held Maya, “yea I did but I have every intention of fixing it” I stared into her eyes. it may be cold and hard right now. but she would warm up to me. “Well that not gonna work” he smirked back at me. He was provoking me now and I hate to say it was working. “Chris I'm gonna lose it” I warned him. “Go ahead” he leaned back into his seat, dragging Maya closer to him.

I got up and grabbed him, making the whole cart rock back and forth. “Dude is you trying to kill us all?” Marcus said grabbing the sides of the cart. We now reached to top. “Yea Dustin sit down” Chris said peeling my hands off him and sitting back down with a smirk. I needed to get off here soon before I lost my control

“Passengers, we are sorry to inform you that we are having to technical difficulties, this may take 20 minutes to a hour.” The speaker from above echoed out. “Ah shit” Marcus mumbled from beside me.