Chapter 13

Chapter 13

I thought about it. I didn’t want to tell anyone till I was sure. It was 7 already, it was time to go soon and I needed to get this off my mind. This night is for fun. Can’t let some rouge problems ruin it. That’s what alphas are for, I could worry about that later.

I got ready, pulling on some black jeans with a blue and white top, slipping a leather jacket over it. Christmas was in 1 week from today.  Then new years. It was going to be pretty awesome week. We still needed to put up a tree; we were a bit late on that stuff due to the entire dram that’s been going around here.

I runned my hands through my hair. It was good enough, my hair was already straightened. i topped it off with some high black leather boots. It was complete. I walked out the door and over to Chris’s room. Without knocking I let myself in and threw myself on his bed. The light was on in the bathroom and the water was running. He would be out soon. I closed my eyes and let the events of the day flow through and out of me. I needed to stop worrying for once. That’s all I’ve done since I’ve came back here.

The door swung open and Chris came out in some faded denim jeans with a green fleece shirt. It hugged his muscles and I couldn’t help but lick my lips. he looked yummy. His hair was messed around from his shower and he looked hot. he walked over to me smiling, leaned down over me and put his lips close to mine and his arm behind me. Just as I was about to close the distance he pulled away he hand leaving behind my back coming up with  black sweater “just needed to get my sweater” he laughed at my expression. I shot him a amused look. “sooo are Lin and Stacy coming?” I asked. I started bouncing in my seat, I hadn’t seen them in a long time. “um kinda. Lin’s meeting ran late with his dad, but Stacy can come. We’re going to pick them up now. it’s a 30 minute drive so we have to leave now if we want to have a few hours at the carnival .” he said.

I nodded and followed him out of the room. Arrow was coming out of his room the same time we were leaving “hey what ya up to?” I politely asked. “uh well um, uh- mhm never mind” he waved his hand and ran down the stairs. “that was weird”. “yea it was, he never acts like that” I dismissed the thought. I had my weird days to so I was no one to judge.

We walked down the stairs and saw Jace Tara and Luke and Lucas in the kitchen while arrow was in the den with Dustin and Marcus and Jake. Why was he hanging out with them? “Hey guys what’s up with arrow?” I asked as we walked into the kitchen. Everyone shifted uncomfortably. Jace finally decided to answer “well he became friends with Dustin Marcus and Jake but he felt guilty about hanging out with them because of your history with them, so he uh kinda kept it to himself.” He admitted. So that was why arrow was acting so weird.

I didn’t care if he hung out with them, sure I didn’t like them but I'm not going to tell him he cant be friends with them just because I don’t get along with them. ‘arrow I don’t care if you hang out with them. you’re free to do as you want. ‘ I laughed into the link as he looked around and finally spotted me over here with the rest of them. he smiled sheepishly at me ‘thanks I just didn’t know how to tell you’ he said. ‘don’t worry about it’ I waved him off. I noticed that the guys were now looking in our direction. I turned back around to face them “ok well I'm off now, going out with Chris, ill be back laters” I said.

“ok, cya just don’t come back to late of we’re gonna have to go out and find you guys” Luke and Lucas laughed. Me and Chris walked towards the front door, and of course arrow Marcus Jake and Dustin just had to be going this way too. I opened the door and walked out behind Chris, letting the door slam into the persons face behind me. I knew It wasn’t arrow so it was all good.

“Aww Maya that’s not very nice you no” one of them said from behind me. “Well I don’t really care”. “Where are you guys going?” Arrow asked. “The carnival” I replied. “Oh just the two of you?” he questioned.  “Nah we’re picking up an old friend on the way.” I said walking away from them towards the car. Chris climbed into the driver’s side, I was about to get in when Jake pulled me aside.  Chris gave me a questioning look but I just shrugged.