CHAPTER 74

Casey's POV

"Adam, seriously it hasn't been that long... No, I'm not going back yet." I could hear Brad talking to someone and by what I could tell it was probably his bandmate. I shouldn't be eves dropping, "Casey?" I hear him calling my name and freeze. Dam it, he caught me. "Ummm, Hi." I stammer out blushing a furious pink, "I was just...." I can't finish my sentence, my mind had gone blank as I stared into his gorgeous green eyes and that amazing smile.

He smiles at me as we stand there in the halway awkwardly waiting for something to happen to break the silence. I inhale and am instantly relaxed by his scent of freshly mowed grass, pine and sea breeze. He reminded me of the ocean side, "Casey..." he murmurs as I feel myself walking closer to him until all that seperate us are our noses. His phone rings and I step back as he curses, "Adam, I swear to god!" He yells before covering the speaker and turning towards me.

"I'm sorry Case, but could we talk later? Maybe over dinner at Cesario's?" He asks me and I nod blushing again, "Sure thing." I reply and bounce down the hallway to my room. "Someone looks happy." Ashley grumbles as I bump into her, "Oh, god, Ash you scared me," I sigh grabbing my chest for effect, "Haha, so why so happy?" She asks me and I walk into my room with her on my heels, "Close the door." I tell her and she does.

"I'm going on another date with Brad!" I squeal happily and she rolls her eyes, I frown. "Ash, aren't you happy for me?" I ask and she gets up to look out the window, "I...I don't know. I'm happy that your happy but what if he's like him?" She asks me angriely but in her eyes I saw that she was afraid. I just couldn't tell if she was scared for me or for herself. I walk up towards her, "Sis? Have you talked to...you known...Daniel?" I ask her with one hand on her shoulder.

She shrugs me off and closes her eyes while leaning her head against the window, "No. Casey, he spends his entire time with her," she sneers. "Lilly has a mate. You know they have nothing else going on other than friendship." I explain and she laughs, "She's fucking perfect, Casey. Why couldn't we have her perfect life, family, and even her mate is perfect. We deserved that!" She exclaims her voice growing louder and louder as she continued.

"Ash? You shouldn't talk like that with so much... I don't know, Jealousy? Ash, we have something good going on here. We have everything we need and more, so why should we desire a life that doesn't belong to us?" I question her and she snorts ,"So you don't think we deserved a nice family, a cushy life or a mate that followed us around like a lost puppy?" She shoots back at me.

She was angry, "We have a good life, Ashley. Look at me, we don't need more than we have and sure she might have things that we might never have but the way you talk about her...it sounds wrong." I explain and she looks away from me. "Forget it," she mumbles as she begins to walk away, "Ashley, your my sister, please talk to me!" I plead with her but she goes blank and leaves me clutching empty air.

Someone knocks and for a second I hope it's Ashley but opening the door leaves me crestfallen, "Oh, hi, Nathan." I reply and he looks at me, "Um, did I interrupt something? Hadn't had someone look at me like that since that party in Cancun or was it the Jersey Shore?" He jokes and I laugh, "It's not you," I reply, "What's up?" I ask him smiling. "I'm going on a coffee run with Lilly, so I guess I was wondering if you wanted something," he asks me.

I pause, thinking of my choices,"Well...I was craving a low fat double mochiato with whipped cream, nuts, a cherry, a dusting of nutmeg and just a scoop of vanilla ice cream," I pause, "Do they make that?" He asks cluelessly and in that moment I could see why Lilly loved him. He had a smile that could brighten up anyones mood but he was much to volatile for me. He could go from smiling prince charming to dragon rampage in less than sixty seconds.