CHAPTER 29

Daniel's POV

We were on our way back to our current home when I saw Lilly lean against the window frame her face was flushed. I could tell she was still upset about earlier and the awkward silence inside the truck wasn't helping a lot either. "Here, just lay against me." I told her patting my shoulder. I heard her sigh but slowly she leaned towards me before gently laying her head down on my shoulder. I looked out the window as it started to rain and started thinking back.

I closed my eyes as I pictured myself sitting back in the room watching as my future Alpha had fun singing on stage and dancing. I knew this was new to her but when she came back into the room I could swear she was drunk. She came in laughing, her cheeks where flushed and she kept glancing back to the dance floor. I brushed it off when I saw that Nathan appeared to be searching for someone who I had a gut feeling was Lilly. She must've known he was looking for her.

I wasn't sure about them having something between them but as we left the club they had another argument at the valet parking lot and I knew then what it was that kept them at each others throat. They were mates and no matter how much they tried to fight it and deny it. They we're mates...they had to be and it showed in the way they acted when they were together, the way they spoke and the way they ended up gravitating to each others side no matter what they said.

The way there skins literally lit up on sight and the way there scents seemed to intermingle in a strange way everytime they caught each others eyes. She said she had a mate already but was that even true or was she just too blind to realize the truth? No, no, no she had to know or at least feel the mating call, the mating pull they shared. They could try and fight the pull but that was a fight they were gonna end up loosing.

Nobody could fight the mating call very long. "Where here." I heard Jacoby say from upfront bringing me out of my thoughts. "Lill..." I started to say to Lilly but when I looked down at her her eyes where closed. "She mustve fallen asleep sometime during the ride home." Jake said looking at her sleeping form. It was enchanting to see her sleeping and if anybody saw her then they would say, "She's an angel." I heard someone say through the trucks window.

I didn't even had to look up to see that it was Nathan talking. "Let me carry her up." He said while looking at her a protective edge to his voice. I let him carry her and followed him up to her room making sure she was safe. Alhough with him I doubted anything bad would happen to her. A true mate would die protecting his mate from any danger.

He layed her down on her bed gently brushing her hair away from her eyes and closed the door to her room leaving her calmly sleeping on her own bed. "We need to talk." I said as I grabbed his arm. Jacoby walked into his room not wanting to get involved I assumed. "Nathan why are you provoking her? What are you trying to accomplish?" I asked him without letting go.

He took a deep breath, "She's my mate. I know it. I can feel it with every fiber in my being. We belong together." He said as he began pacing. "I tried fighting it and I'm sure she's still fighting the pull but tonight confirmed what I already suspected. She's feeling it too!" He said a little too loud and I turned to see if he had woken Lilly up.

"I know together we're a disaster but I know we can make it work. I know that even if we have a poisonous relationship together we'd make each other stronger. WE ARE MEANT TO BE." He said ending his sentence with emphasis in his words. He was sure and I could see his skin flickering fiery flames his emotions where running high. "She's been hurt deeply and repeatedly. She might be feeling the same in fact I'm sure she feels the mating bond as well but she said she had a mate already and I'm assuming that's why she's fighting the pull." I said looking at him.

"But there is something you must keep in mind if you wish to continue on this path and force her to confront her feelings. If you make her fall and you're not there to catch her I will personally make sure you pay for her suffering. Got it?" I told him a bit aggressively with a sharp edge to my word. "She is my Alpha female and I will protect her along with our whole pack as is our duty. Even if that means protecting her from her mate." I told him before walking to my room.

Lilly's POV

"She is my Alpha female and I will protect her along with our whole pack as is our duty. Even if that means protecting her from her mate." Daniels words resounded in my mind repeating over and over again. 'From her mate...From her mate...From her mate...' I kept going over his words but no matter how hard I tried the words weren't changing. "No. No. No. No. No." I repeated to myself trying to deny the truth. I got up and began pacing.

Brad is my mate I was sure of it...or was I? Brad is my mate he had to be. Brad was a good guy, a worthy mate and my pull toward him was strong but was it stronger than my pull towards Nathan. I didn't know. Unable to think straight I let my clothes fall on the floor and ran myself a hot bath. I carefully stepped into the warm water and made the call I had put off for way too long. A call that was long over due. A call I couldn't avoid any longer. A call that had to be made. The phone was ringing but it was late and I didn't know if I would get an answer. Then it happened,"Hello."....................

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

VOTE! COMMENT! SHARE! AND ADD TO YOUR LIBRARIES. Also recommend it to everyone you know that would be interested in it. Gets us more readers! Spread the word! Who do you think she's calling? dum dum dum dum, dum dum dum dum. ENJOY IT!!! I UPLOADED TWICE! DID YOU SEE! DID YOU SEE! YAY ^__^