Chapter 21

1 1/2 Years Later

Nathan's POV

I was crouched on top of a tree branch ready to jump on the unsuspecting Lilly below. She had changed with me ever since that night. I closed my eyes and remembered the night things changed between us. # I heard people talking and one of the voices sounded just like Lilly's. So I got up from my bed and walked along the hallway following the voices. I saw Lilly talking with someone and a single silver tear about to fall from her eyes. Without knowing why or how I blinked and when I opened my eyes I was wiping her tears away. She saw me and wrapped her arms around me pulling me closer.

Then sparks literally flew between us slightly burning the places where our bodies touched. She pulled away from me shocked and with fresh tears in her eyes. She stared at me for a few seconds before running out the door towards her room. "Tssk, tssk, tssk, You can't tell me there's nothing going on." Daniels voice said from the shadowy interior slowly walking away leaving me standing there alone. After that she avoided me or argued with me.#

We spent a lot of time comfronting each other. We fought, argued and pestered each other non stop always trying to get on each others nerves which brought me back to present time. I was gonna jump from the tree and tackle her down to the floor. She was below the tree practicing her yoga relaxation techniques prime for me. As she stood up from her downward dog position I jumped down a second to late apperantly because no sooner had I jumped when she jumped sideways.

I fell on the ground hard but with no serious injury. She stood a few feet away from me laughing. "Serves you right." She said between laughs before turning around to walk away from me. Emberrasement ran thru my body and I could feel my inner fire burning within me. Before I knew it I had gotten on my feet ignoring the dull pain on my back. How ended up on my back I didn't know but now I was on my feet with flames dancing all over my arms. I concentrated and pointed my hand at Lillys back sending a fire ball her way at full speed.

Lilly's POV

Just when I was about to reach the door I felt something warm hit me on my back. Furious I turned around and saw Nathan put his hands behind his back alittle too late. I sent a ball of icy cold water to douse out his fire. Our attacks weren't meant to be hurtful just annoying and boy where they. He looked at me surprised and we started running towards each other full speed. When we crashed into each other we started fighting sending punches flying.

To the naked eye we were simply fighting and he was a horrible person for hitting a girl. But they'd be wrong because there was more going on than a simple fight. Ever since that night when sparks flew I started an inner struggle that id win no matter what. So this fight was for pride, to annoy but not to cause either of us serious harm. We each knew that if we harmed each other our hearts would ache and he'd probably be punished for hurting the packs alpha female. So that was a serious no for me and beside I didn't want to cause his expulsion from the pack.

We fell to the ground and started rolling around on the floor. He grabbed my wrists and slammed me down holding me in position. Our breaths were rushed and ragged I stared into his eyes an he stared back at mine. A glint of something crossed his eyes when a cough made us look up. "We..." he said getting off me and helping me up. "We were just practicing." I said dusting myself off and walking away.

The moment I stepped on the track I started running full speed non-stop all morning until I collapsed on the floor tired. I layed there with my eyes closed thinking of everything that had changed as time flew by. I had gotten in shape, I had gained confidence in myself and I had learned so many new things that I never thought possible. I wasn't the same little girl I had been before coming to paris.

My sweet sweet Brad still kept in contact with me even though I was kept busy and so was he with band buissness and what not. After awhile I got up and headed inside for lunch with my family. I went up to my room for a quick shower and a change of clothes before heading into the dining room. I sat on the table with my grandparents while our personal guards stood by. Nathan was nowhere to be seen and I found myself worrying about him.

Nathan's POV

"We were just practicing." She said walking away leaving me alone with Danny. "Should I ask?" He asked me and I shook my head before heading off to the garage. I got on my truck and headed off to my flat nobody stopped me. Why would they I was a free lance wolf and didn't have permanent ties to this pack. I sighed as I drove thru the gates and sped away.

As soon as I got to my flat I rushed into my room layed down on my bed thinking. 'Why do I feel this...this thing for her. She has a mate for gods sake!' I thought mentally smaking myself. Usually I wouldn't care if the girl was mated or not but lilly...she was different. I didn't know how yet and I couldn't explain it if anyone asked me but I couldn't deny it anymore.

Lilly was more than a simple female to me. I walked to the gym for a short workout and then back upstairs for a shower. The rest of the afternoon I spent watching aimless tv shows trying to distract myself as much as possible from thoughts of her. When I finally looked up the clock I realized it was nine thirty and got up.

'Might as well.' I thought walking into my room I changed into my jeans, band, tshirt and of course my leather jacket. I grabbed my keys and walked downstairs into the garage and then my truck. I headed down the streets towards a club I used to go to before meeting lilly. I could swear that girl changed me without either of us realizing it. 'Maybe its a good change.' I thought.

When I arrived at the club I parked and stepped inside to hear the music pumping. I walked up to the bar showed id and ordered some gin and juice. "Wanna buy me drink handsome?" Some blonde girl asked me. I sniffed her and knew she was human. She moved her hair back showing me her cleavege 'she flirting.' I thought.

I laughed, "Strawberry martini for the lady." I told the bartender and the girl took it sipping it slowly. "So...I'm Chloe." She said smiling waiting for me to tell her my name. "I'm..." I paused for effect making her lean towards me, "Not interested." I said leaving her with her mouth wide open. I payed the bartender who snickered when he took the cash.

I walked on the dance floor and started grinding along to the dirty beats coming from the speakers. Suddenly I felt someone tapping my shoulder and turned around to come face to face with...

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

Suspense! Who do you think he'll see behind him? Lilly, the girl at the bar or perhaps someone else? Vote, Comment, Share the story and help the story be well known. There's still a twist to come so hold on in there cuz you'll be surprised or at least I hope you'll be surprised lol. Its now past 3am where I'm at so goodnight y'all. The picture on the side is the new her. She's in shape, atheletic, and looking good....