Chapter 8 - A New Beginning

Lilly's POV

I was sleeping peacefully when a soft knocking woke me up and I got up groggilly. I walked towards the door cleaning my eyes and opened it to find a bouquet of flowers. I picked it up and walked back to bed placed them by the bedside clock that showed it was already morning. A soft ringing began to sound and I turned to look around for its source finally finding it besides the headboard. I picked the wall phone up and answered it "Hello?" I asked nervously.

"Lilly its Brad breakfast will be ready in a few minutes. Do you want anything special?" Brad's voice said thru the speaker and I couldn't help but smile. "No I don't but thanx for asking." I said "Ok then ill surprise you." He said and hanged up. I took out a loose tshirt and some baggy pants not the most flattering outfit but then again things weren't gonna get much better anytime soon. I placed them on the bed and jumped into the bathroom for a quick shower.

The warm water was relaxing to me and from the speakers came soft background music that was barely noticeable yet vary relaxing. All the bathroom basics were there like shampoo, body scrub, facial scrub, lotion, etc and all of them were watermelon and berry scented. 'Delicious' I thought as the wonderful scent overtook. Five minutes later I got out toweled dried and got dressed ready for breakfast. The bedside clock now showed that it was seven in the morning.

I slipped into some sandals and slowly walked downstairs to the kitchen to find Brad making breakfast, nobody else was in sight. I cleared my throat to get his attention "Almost ready..." he said as he placed the final pieces of bacon on the platter above the table. "There." He said and smile as I took in the plates of eggs, bacon, toast, fruit, and pitchers of juice. "Wow Brad I didn't know you cooked." I said unable to hide my surprise to find a guy who could cook here in a house full of guys with one girl...me.

Brad blushed "Well I try and don't worry the guys sleep well into the afternoon when we don't have any gigs. They'll get there own breakfast later." He said and I nodded. "How did you know I'd be up?" I asked him curiously and then something occured to me. "You were the one that knocked on my door this morning, wasn't it?" I asked sure that I had it right. "Sorry if I woke you but yeah it was me." He paused "But the flowers are from Adam he brought them for you last night but you were sleeping so he just left them there for you to find today." He said

We both sat down to eat and Brad did a small prayer to the ancestors a sort of blessing that I noticed he did last night as well. "I didn't know you prayed." I said stating a fact. "There's a lot people don't know about me." He said digging into his plate of food and I followed his example. When we were done he got up to take the dirty dishes but I stopped him. "Let me clean up after all you cooked." I said smiling.

Brad's POV

"Let me clean up after all you cooked." Lilly said smiling and procedded to wash the dirty dishes while I cleaned the countertops against her wishes. "Brad seriously ill clean" She said taking the wet rag from my hands just as I finished cleaning the counter and finished the dishes. "It won't kill me to clean up lilly." I said and saw as her cheeks flamed up. "It could..." she said throwing me the wet rag that hit my shoulder and I burst out laughing. "Your marksmanship is way off." I said and she pouted her lips. "Maybe I wanted to hit your shoulder." She said throwing me yet another wet rag.

I ducked and the wet rag connected with the wall slowly sliding down before plopping on the floor. As we watched the rag travel down the wall we were both in complete silence until the plop brought us both to laughter. There was really no reason to laugh and yet it felt so completely natural with her.

FLASH BACK

"Brad!" A giggling girl cried out as I ducked behind the counter so I wouldn't get hit by a splash of water from the faucet by my mate Sophia. I had surprised her by tickling her ribs while she washed the dishes and caused her to get splashed by water faucet. She got the little hose from the faucet and pointed it at me with a mischevious smile on her face. I recognized that look and knew I was in trouble the moment she laughed...