CHAPTER 44

Krystal's POV

I shivered as the memories from long ago came to the surface once again. I didn't want to tell him the story of how he was concieved but now that he might be falling for his sister he needed to know. But god it was so hard to say after having supressed the aweful memories for almost twenty years. My son might have a sister. Did that mean that that aweful man had struck again or was she the product of a relationship.

"It all started several years ago when I was traveling through Texas before marrying your father, Castello." I said as if talking to myself. "I stayed at a hotel five stars, the best there was in that region. But I was marrying young and it scared the heck out of me. I didn't feel ready but it was already settled. Our parents had arranged it and we had no choice but to follow there plans on how life should be." I said and paused.

I could still remember the day I was told that I had been promised in marriage to a stranger. "What!" I yelled and my parents scowled at me. "You are set to marry Adrian Castello as soon as the wedding preparations are ready." My parents told me calmly as if it were normal for a teen girl to marry a guy in his late twenties. "But mom, he's so old!" I complained but they shook there heads at me. "Its already done." My father told me and in that moment I ran.

"Mom? Mom, are you, ok?" I heard my son calling me and I shook my head pushing that memory back to the dark recesses of my mind. "I was given two weeks of freedom before having to come back home for me wedding to your father. The marriage itself was a business transaction and nothing more but to me it was a death sentence." I said bitterly. "I spent my days partying and having fun but then one day I met a guy with a charming personality and good looks."

I laughed sarcasticlly, "Oh, god I was just so stupid but it was my last day of freedom and I just wanted to have fun for the last time before sentencing myself to being with your dad." I whispered. "That night I went to the bar and met up with a handsome, charismatic guy. He was older than me but he was just so charming. He always knew just how to keep me interested. I didn't know it was all just part of his plan." I muttered.

My son walked closer to me and looked me in the eyes. Those eyes that reminded me so much of that horrible man. "Mom what happened? What did he do?" He inquiered and I sighed again. "You've got to understand I was afraid and ashamed to speak of it. I hated myself so much for what happened to me and I still do." I gulped. "Mom? Its ok." My son whispered to me as I felt fresh tears make there way down my cheeks. "You can tell me." He told me.

I really didn't want to tell him and for a really long time I thought he'd never find out about it. My ex-husband didn't even know. He had always thought and assumed Brad was his own son so I never corrected him. Now here I was having a crash encounter with my ugly past. "He gave me something to drink and the next thing I knew I was waking up outside in a dark ally all dirty and alone." I told him but only bits and pieces of what had actually happened.

I remembered everything especially the huge feeling of helplessness but my son didn't need to know the details. "Then after I married your father I found out you were in my belly. Your father, the man that raised you was good to you and he never suspected you weren't his. We never did have more kids after we had your baby sister but you are and will always be his pride and joy. His little boy." I finally finished taking in a deep breath and holding it before letting it out.

"You were named after Brandon Castillo your father, and the man who raised you as his own. The man who helped make you is nothing and nobody to you or me." I insisted. "After all you have a wonderfull family. Your little sister loves you and even if your dad and I didn't work out he is an amazing father. Your father." I finished and wiped away my tears. "I don't know if that horrible man had any other children but you have the right to know it." I finished and got up.

"I've got to go now, son. I let my friends from the quarterly waiting for me at the club and well you know how they are." I said laughing and kissed my son goodbye. "Ok, love you, mom" he told me and I left him there with his own thoughts. I didn't know what he was thinking or what he would do but he was strong and he'd make it through no matter what came at him. He was not like me in any visible was but my baby was a dreamer just like his momma and for that I'm thankful.

Brad's POV

So it was possible. I thought and paced around my room letting all the information my mom had just unloaded on me sink in. I picked up my phone and dialed Nathan. Somehow it just never crossed my mind to email Lilly. After all we had stopped emailed except for the occasional, "I'm fine.", "Miss you." Or "Ill be home soon." Never more than a few words but a few words were always enough for me.

"Brad, I'm glad you called. Are you, Ok?" He asked me and I couldn't help but wonder why he even cared. "I'm fine. My mom told me everything about my dad and there's a small chance that you might be right about us." I remarked before letting him speak. "Good now if you could meet me at my room in the Hilton, Or would you prefer I find you?" He asked me and I looked out my window for a few minutes.

"Why don't you come stay here? I have plenty of space and it'll be more comfortable for you." I stated trying to convince him to stay were I could watch him. I was acting like a stalker but if he ran to go to her then I could more easily follow him from home. "I know what you must be thinking but look I no more know where she is than you." He told me and I sighed. "I've got the penthouse so you're welcome to come stay with me." He stated and I thought about it.

"Ok, fine but ill pay my share of the bill." I told him and could practickly picture him shaking his head. "No way, besides its already on my card and Lilly would never forgive me for charging you to stay here." He reasoned and had to hold back my laughter. "Ok, look ill be there in a few minutes and let you know when I'm on my way." I answered and hanged up. "Interesting." I told myself and started packing for a weekend stay.

Finally, I was going to get to see Lilly and even if she wasn't my mate I would love her. I would protect her like I should've done before when she needed me and I didn't know we could be related. But if it was true and we were siblings I would act the part and be there for her like never before. I carried my suitcase downstairs and into my car with everyone watching me. "Ill be back in a few days max. There's something I've got to do. You guys know where to reach me if you need me." I told the band and they nodded except for Adam who looked oddly suspicous. "Ok." He said a tad bit sarcasticly.

I got in my car and drove off towards the truth....

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

Cliché ending but I wanted to upload and was distracted by The Voice. But I do hope you're enjoying it so far. Like always VOTE, COMMENT, and of course SHARE so that this story reaches a million views! I know it won't happen overnight or anything but still a girl can dream, can't she? Ill try to upload another chapter later on this week so keep your fingers crossed :) Enjoy!