Chapter 14 - Prep

Back in France...

Nathan's POV

After we finished our sandwiches she helped me clean up the kitchen and I showed her to the spare room. "Its just a basic room since I only use it for guests but if you want you can decorate it whatever way you want." I said and as she walked in to the room and looked around. "Thanks but I couldn't its your place and I just couldn't." She said to me.

"Sure you can. Look you'll stay here and we'll both work around the place. Maybe even in my music room. You do still wanna learn to play, right?" I asked and she nodded. "Absolutely! When do we start?" She asked me excitedly. "Tomorrow right now its late and I'm tired so see ya tomorrow morning." I told her walking out and to my room. It was late and sure I could go out but didn't.

'Thats new.' I thought laying down in my bed. 'When have I passed a night with a girl I wasn't planning on bonening?' I thought to myself and shrugged. She was a wolfling new to the are and although I had no idea why I felt like it was my duty to protect her. I knew I didn't have feelings for her that much was clear. 'But then what is it?' I asked myself. 'It is our duty to protect her' my wolf said to me.

'Protect her? Why?' I asked him, my wolf. 'Youll know soon enough.' He said before growing quiet again. Protecting her didn't sound completely ridiculous but then again I was just seventeen. How much protection could I give her? Well if my wolf thinks I should then I guess I should after all the guy has never led me astray.

Lilly's POV

"Wow." Was I kept repeating as Nathan left me alone in the room id temporaly be living in 'till I found 'them'. 'Nathan is nice. He reminds me of my Brad but more extreme.' I thought laughing to myself. 'Then again I don't really know him.' I thought to myself rethinking my living situation with Nathan.'Maybe this isn't a good idea.' I thought to myself as I slowly walked over to the window looking out.

'Trust him...He'll protect us.' My wolf said to me calmly. 'Protect us? Why would he want to protect us?' I asked my wolf and she laughed softly. 'Oh you'll find out soon enough.' She said and went quiet once again. I walked back to my bed and layed down looking at the roof. Before I knew it I fell asleep thinking of my mate, Brad.

The next day I was really jetlagged but somehow I managed to wake up early enough to make breakfast. I took a quick shower and changed into my only other outfit before heading to the kitchen. I got started making some eggs and bacon along with buttered toast. I also found some fruit and cut it up for some nice fruit salad. 'Healthy' I thought as a sleepy Nathan slowly walked into the kitchen.

He was rubbing the sleep from his eyes as I placed the bacon on a platter. "I smelled fried bacon." He said yawning. "Yup made breakfast." I said serving myself as I sat down. He grabbed a bit an then got up to get the juice. 'Dam forgot that' I thought as he served me some juice and sat down.

"Ima go to the store get some stuff. Do you wanna come?" Nathan asked me as he bit into a piece of toast. I nodded, "Yea, that be great." I told him. When we finished he washed the dishes, changed and we left to the store. I carried my cash in my pocket an all he had was a leather wallet. "You don't carry cash?" I asked him and he shrugged. "Not much. Holding cash isn't safe sometimes but I got some just in case" his voice was casual as if it were normal.

Nathan's POV

The moment we got in the truck I turned on the radio and music began flowing out of the trucks speakers. "First stop is at this awesome boutique Hot Topic. Heard of it?" I asked her and she nodded but looked worried. "What's wrong?" I asked her and she looked out the window. "Don't have that much cash." She said and grew quiet.

"Oh." I said and drove in silence. I didn't know what to say. I knew she'd never accept me just fronting her the money but then something happened and I knew I had my answer. The radio was playing Journey and she was singing beautifully.