CHAPTER 43

Brad's POV

"God, I need a drink." Adam said instantly heading for bar after arrival. I rolled my eyes and headed for my room when my cell rang. I opened the door to my room and closed it before answering it, "Hello, Brad here." I said sitting down on the bed. "Oh, good! Brad are you home in Cali?" I heard someone ask me and I raised my eyebrow. "Excuse me?" I asked the stranger but he didn't seem deterred at all by my skepticism.

"I'm in the air now. Are you in Cali or not?" He asked me again and I got up to pace around. "Who the hell wants to know." I said angriely. I heard someone sigh exasperated, "Its about Lilly so are you home in Cali the old adress or not?" He asked me yet again and I froze. She intantly crossed my mind. "Yes I'm still here. I just got back, Who are you? Is Lilly alright?" I asked worried about her safety. Was she alright? Was she hurt? Or possibly worse. Was she dead?

"She's fine. I'm Nathan ill be arriving shortly and will go meet you. Wait for me its urgent, goodbye." He said before hanging up leaving me perplexed. A million thoughts crossed my mind as to why a stranger was calling me about Lilly and none of them were good. I slammed my fists down on the table and it came crashing down loudly shattering his desk. Everyone came in to see what the noise was about Adam with a drink.

"Yeah... Here have some whisky." Adam said handing me his whisky on the rocks and taking it down all at once. "Problem?" They asked me concerned but I shook my head. "Nothing I can't handle." I said pacing the room with my eyes glued to my watch. "We'll leave you alone now. Call us if you need anything." They said before walking out and closing the door. I was a nervous wreck but I couldn't help it even if I tried.

Two agonizing hours later the entrance gate alarm sounded and I answered it immediatly. Through the security camera I could see a very expensive looking black escalade with tinted windows so dark that they seemed illegal. "I called you a couple of hours, its Nathan." He said and I buzzed him. "Who's the escalade?" The guys asked me as the truck parked directly in front of the house and in plain view of everyone.

When he stepped out of the truck Lilly's scent hit me and for a moment I wondered if Lilly was inside. Adam also seemed to recognize her scent and stared intently at the truck. When he turned to face us I recognized him as the son of our first music contracter. "Nathan I can't believe I didn't recognize your voice." I told him as I invited him in. "Well we didn't really socialize." He said walking besides me.

"Is there anyone with you?" Adam asked Nathan as he tried to pierce the truck with his eyes. "No, I'm alone. Now Brad a word in private?" He asked me and I nodded leading him up to my study room. The moment I closed the door he sat down and motioned for me to do the same. "Brad how much do you know about your wolf origin?" He asked me looking directly into my eyes. "Not much both my parents are humans and I wasn't bitten so I assumed I was a strange mutation of some kind." I told him and he nodded.

"I received information from a very reliable source that you cannot be Lillys mate. That you two are..." He began but I interruped him abruptly. "Excuse me but Lilly is my mate." I said angrily but he stood up defiantly in front of me. "No she isn't because she's MY mate." I froze the instant those words left his mouth. "Impossible!" I yelled but he stood his pose. "You two are siblings, ok!" He screamed and again I froze.

Nathans POV

He stood there unmoving in silence. "I'm sorry I'm the one to tell you but she needs to know just as much as you do and no she doesn't know yet." I told him but all he did was sit back down in utter silence. "The bond you feel isn't one of mates its the blood calling you together. All I want, all I need is confirmation that its true." I told him my voice cracking towards the end. Brad reached for his phone and dialed a number.