CHAPTER 66

Lilly's POV

It was time. The party was going to start anytime soon and I had to get ready to impress my peers. Oh, how I yearned to see there smug little faces when they realized I was back to kick there ass. It was barely six and the party didn't start 'till after seven but I had to look my absolute best in front of them. I started my bath and filled it up with warm water before pouring in my favorite cherry blossom bubble bath mix.

I slowly climed into my bath after having turned off the water and let myself relax. My cheek had healed already and all that remained was the satisfaction of seeing Alecia's face of disbelieve when the Alpha put her in her place. Oh, how I was going to enjoy this. Thirty minutes later I get out of the shower and carefully wrap my favorite towel around my body. My outfit is already set up by bed right next to my mask and awesome heels.

I towel dry my whole body and covered my entire body with glitter cherry blossom body lotion. Followed by carefully stepping into my dress and spending several long agonizing minutes tying all the different straps and ties on the corset by myself. Sure, it could've been easier if I had someone else help me but nobody except for Daniel had seen my costume yet and I was pretty sure Nathan wouldn't like it one bit if Danny was alone with me half-naked. For everyone else I just wanted it to be a surprise.

Once everthing was done well placed and arranged with my dress I went to sit in front of my large vanity mirror that contained all my make-up, brushes, etc. I began with my hair first by quickly making a pumped up ponytail and carefully arranging my tail into loose ringlets over my shoulder. Then I got started on my makeup with just a touch of blush, dark heavy eyeliner and mascara along with a matching shade of blue eye shadow. Once that was done I stepped into my matching heels and twirled in front of my triple mirrors to get a good look at myself.

Finally, I put on my mask and smile satisfied at my own reflection. I wasn't a vain person but I was glad I looked as good as I did. The music began to fill the rooms below me as people started arriving and everything was already set. Soft knocking comes from the door followed by Daniels voice, "Lilly, are you decent?" He asks me and I open the door for him making sure he's alone before ushering him in.

"What do you think?" I ask him as he twirls me around with one hand. "Wonderful Alpha but I brought you something else to wear." He tells me and my hands instinctively reach up to touch my mothers necklace. I never took it off and to me it was a second skin if I took it off I would feel completely naked. "It's a peacock feather for your hair. I think it'll look good on you." He adds and I sigh with relieve.

"Ok, I'll wear it but you put it on me." I tell him and he does. He was right it gave the whole look a different aspect. "Are there any people here yet?" I ask him and he nods. "A few but there's still more people coming. You should come down already." He insists and extends his hand so I could take it. I smiled and place my hand on the crook of his arm letting him lead me down to where everyone else was.

Marcus's POV

The music was loud and I was dipping my fruit into the chocolate fountain waiting for Lilly to walk down the stairs so she could tell me where I should go. I knew this was an older people party and I wasn't even a teen yet beside such loud music bothered me. From my place I have a clear sight of the stairs and am the first person to see her coming down them with Danny.

She looked so pretty and for a second I imagine my momma looked just as pretty as her. I missed my momma but Jay was a good daddy to me and Lilly was like a momma to me or a big sister. I run into her arms and she picks me up while I hear people gasp. "Hi, Marcus." She greets me giving my cheek a kiss. "Sorry..." I mumble as she puts me down on the floor. Honestly, I didn't know why I ran to her. I hadn't planned it that way but suddenly when I saw her she reminded me of my mom who I never got to meet.