CHAPTER 46

Lillys POV

I missed Nathan so much and the fact that my wolf ached for him wasn't helping. Every second of everyday was a struggle for me. A struggle to stay and follow through with my goals instead of running blindly toward him. But I also couldn't forget Brad not after how nice he'd been and everything. My phone rang and I answered it immediatly knowing that the only ones with my number were my grandparents in France.

"Hi, grandma." I answered into the speaker and I heard laughter. "Sweetheart, how did you know it was me?" She asked me curiousity evident in her voice. "Just did, grandma." I told her and heard more laughter. "We haven't heard from Daniel in a while so we just called to check up on you guys. How've you been?" She asked me concerned. I wonder if she knew about all the rogues I had taken in? Might as well tell her before he does or something.

"We've been, ok. School starts in a couple of weeks so we'll be heading there pretty soon. But grandma there's something I need to tell you guys. Is my grandpa still there?" I questioned and heard as she called for him. "He's here go ahead." She answered and I sighed wondering how'd they react. "I've taken in a few strays.." I declared with a false sense of security. I was trying not to falter and show weakness so as not to give them the idea that I was unsure of my words.

"Strays? What do you mean?" They asked me and I blurted out everything before I lost my nerve. "I took in some rogues. There's at least eight wolfs with me including Daniel and myself. I don't know if you approve or not but they're not dangerous and I couldn't just turn them away. They have a little kid that's not even ten yet. I'm positive I'm making the right choice but what do you think?" I finished exasperated. Silence followed my little outburst and I frowned.

"Sweet heart you are to be Alpha Female soon and if you think this choice you've made is the right one then we are both fine with it. After all we should never turn away someone in need." My grandpa responded and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. "Oh thank god." I whispered and my grandpa choose that moment to speak up. "You have both our support for whatever you decide, sweety." She added and I sighed.

"Do you think they'll be joining our pack? Or are they just visitors?" My grandpa asked all business. "I'm not sure yet but I'm gonna see later on if they'd like to join us or not. They don't know who I am yet so I guess once its "out there" I'll let you know." I answered him. "Ok, well anything else let us know." He told me before handing over the phone to my grandma. I heard someone knocking at my door and turned towards it.

"I've got to go grandma." I told her and she sighed. "Will you call us later sweetheart?" She asked sounding sad. "Of course I will." I answered and walked towards the door. "Talk to you later then, hun." She said and hanged up. I placed the phone on the table next to the door and opened it. "Marcus?" I exclaimed surprised to see the little one inside alone. "The mean guy said you would teach me and since there all outside fighting I came to find you." He whispered.

"Yeah, I'm gonna teach you Marcus. If you want me to that is. I'm not much older than you and of course I'm not a teacher. But I will teach you what I know so that one day you can join a pack and know how to stand your ground." I told him and he looked up to me. "I want to learn." He answered and I smiled. "Ok, I have a few supplies around here somewhere. Hold on." I said as I turned around and searched in some boxes by the closet. "Got them." I beamed and pulled out a few notebooks along with some pens and my journal.

"Let's go to the living room." I told him grabbing my lap top and heading to my desk by the window. Marcus followed me close behind silently waiting for me to tell him what to do. "Ok, sit down there. Its where I usually study." I added handing him the notebooks and pens except for one and my journal. "Open one and take notes, ok? Do you know how to write?" I questioned him and he nodded. "In a werewolve pack society there are a few ranks that you must know." I spoke from memory.

"First and most important is the Alpha who rules or governs over the entire pack. A pack must contain a minimum of a dozen wolves to be considered a 'pack'. Most packs are much, much larger since small packs rarely survive. The Alpha is followed closely by the Beta who takes over in case the Alpha isn't present or in case of death with no heir." I stated and saw as he wrote every single word coming out of my mouth down on paper.

"Then there is the Omega most commonly known as Lead warrior and is the third in command. He is in charge of training the entire packs fighting fleets. Anybody who can fight will train including females although in a lot of packs only males can become warriors. In my pack everybody who trains is given the choice to become a pack warrior or end there basic training and be a 'normal' wolf." I said remembering my own  lessons back home.

"Then there are some packs who choose to have a special elite sentry. This special wolves stand neck to neck with the betas in the social ladder but do not posses the same responsibilities. The sentries protect the Alpha and there immediate family. That is there sole job although in time of need they are used as back up to a packs regular fleet. Like in time of war or struggle." I carried on sometimes reading out of my journal.

The next few hours were continued in pretty much the same fashion. I gave him a peek into the way pack society worked without a full blown lesson into each and every single thing like it'd been done to me. Around the afternoon everybody else came in sweaty and tired. "That's all for today Marcus put everything away. We'll continue tomorrow, ok?" I asked him and he nodded.

The girls dropped down on the couches tired except for Jersey who knew the routine and was used to it. The guys where acting tough but they too were feeling it. Danny was sweating but so was everyone else. Had to admit the guy was hot and I just couldn't understand why or rather how Ashely couldn't just accept him. He was the full package both smart, hardworking, and handsome but I guess it just wasn't my place.

Jay seemed a tad bit out of breath but was hidding it remarkably well. "I see you enjoyed training with Daniel." I taunted earning myself glares all around. "I told you he was one of the best." I added and they looked away pissed. 'They need loads of practice but there not complete disasters. Especially that Jay.' I heard Danny telling me through our mindlink and nodded. "Let's eat lunch then its me and you." He said heading for the kitchen as I followed him.

"Each of you can get yourself lunch." He said stepping inside the kitchen and I stopped. "I can cook you know." I told and he looked at me then back at them. "Only Marcus gets cooked for everyone else can make there own thing." He insisted harshly while everyone just stared at him, myself included. A few seconds later he turned back around, "He's a good fighter but he can be a dick sometimes. Forgive him, Marcus, what do you want for lunch?" I asked the young one who seemed frozen.

"Its ok, Marcus, tell her. The guy is right we can make ourselves something to eat." Jay whispered to Marcus but I heard him and caught his eye as he motioned me to go-ahead. "I want bacon." Was all he said and laughed. "Ok, let's go get you some bacon." I told him and we walked inside. I felt awkward but I couldn't bring myself to go against Daniels wishes even if he was being a complete ass. I hope he and Ashley hook up soon or he's only gonna get worse. I sighed and Marcus looked at me. 'Gotta wait.' I told myself walking towards the fridge.

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

Told ya' I'd be back, didn't I? VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE and keep adding the story to your libraries and favorites list. Let me know how you feel about the story so far.

ADVICE: Ok, word to the wise. If your writing a story ALWAYS! I repeat ALWAYS! Keep doubles/backup of everything you write in case it gets deleted or stolen or something. Having the original proves ownership and if its deleted with backups at least you won't have to re-write the whole thing!