CHAPTER 62

Lilly's POV

"What's going on?" Brad asks and I glare at him. "Nothing...Daniel let's just leave. You guys we'll meet you back at home, ok?" I tell them and they nod. "Becareful beautiful." Nathan whispers in my ear before kissing me goodbye. Danny is gloomy and his eyes were shattered. Something was definitely going on and he wasn't going to tell me anytime soon. "Don't you need to do more shopping?" He asks me faigning interest where there wasn't any and followed up with a fake laugh. I saw right through it.

"No, I got everything." I answer him and we dump everything into the car before getting in. The ride home was silent but the tension was excrutiating and Dannys hollowed expression forcasted tears. Then right before we got home I turned around and drove up to a little pond thirty minutes from home. "Where are we going?" He asks his voice empty. "You'll see." Is all I tell him after all I wouldn't want to ruin the surprise.

When we arrive I park the car and lock it. "We have to walk five minutes to get there." I tell him and start making my way through the trees and shrubbery until finally I see it. "Its as beautiful as I remember it." I whisper, "Daniel, do you see this pond surrounded almost entirely by trees?" I ask him and he nods slowly. I sit down next to it and he does the same, "Once a long long time ago a wonderful king met a young maiden and instantly he knew she was to be his queen. She was beautiful and he was handsome, kind and generous with his people but yet the maiden refused to marry the king." I pause and picked up a pebble beside the pond.

"The maiden was thought to be crazy after all she was just a peasant orphaned girl who barely had enough to survive and yet here she was refusing the king. Nobody understood why or how she could refuse such a wonderful king such as him. The king wasn't perfect mind you. He had been scarred at a young age after a war that ravaged the kindom where he lost both his parents and yet he wasn't hidered by it."

"He was empowered to never give up and fight for what he belived in just like his parents. So he fought for his fair maiden who day after day, year after year refused him but there was something nobody knew about the girl. Every night since she met the king and refused him she would come here to this very place to cry. Nobody heard her pain and nobody saw her cry not here in the forest away from the town. As the years passed her tears formed this pool of sweet water. You can drink it you know. It tastes like peaches no lie." I tell him knowing he probably thought I was lying to him.

"Did they ever get together?" He asks me. His voice low and chocked up. "Yes, actually they did." I add, "How." He asks me as I cast the pebble into the pond and it skims across it before sinking into the cool water. "Well, the maiden had know suffering much like the king had. She too had lost her parents and her brothers to the war. She had been decited by the man she once loved who mistreated her and left her near death because of this her heart had grown cold."

"She was hurt and bleeding but nobody saw and she told no one. After all nobody seemed to care for her. She was alone in the world she was blinded by her suffering and because of this she rejected the king. She didn't feel worthy of him. She felt dirty because her previous fiance, the man she loved had robbed her of her innocence and then left her to die to marry someone of higher status. She feared that once the king found out she was no longer pure he would cast her out and that would kill her."

"She had fallen deeply and madly in love with the king who she had watched from afar. She knew he was sweet and kind and nobody could deny how handsome he was not even her but the fear controlled her. So for many years she declined her love just as many times he proffessed his love for her but one day something happened. The king was injured and near death with no queen and no heir."

"The maiden was in town when she heard the news that the king was in his death bed. She ran to the pool of her own tears and fell down to her knees to pray because it was only when the king was at the verge of death that she realized that she couldn't live another moment without him. She spent a week praying for his health and well being besides the pool without food or drink hoping that the king would live. Miraculously the king got better and completely recovered from his injury. Immediatly afterwards he went into town in search of his beloved but she was nowhere to be found."