CHAPTER 55

Finally...

Someone who really loves you sees what a mess you can be, how moody you can get, and how hard you are to handle, but still wants you in their life.

Lilly's POV

I froze the moment Daniel stepped inside with my tea, he smelled different. "Where have you been?" I asked him sensing his mixed scent. I rushed to his side, "Tell me." I demanded as he stood his ground. "We'll be in the living room." I vaguely heard Jay say as he ushered everyone out of the kitchen leaving Daniel and I alone. "I picked up a surprise for you." The second those words left his mouth I punched him with all the anger that currently flowed through my veins.

He didn't even flinch, "How could you? I didn't want to see him yet!" I yelled and he remained quiet. "Relax, ok? Follow me outside and I know after you see your surprise you'll forgive me." He told me and took my hand in his as he led me outside. "Nothing you show me will make me forget you did it though." I whispered half joking and half serious. He opened the door and led me out past the door.

I was walking behind me when I looked up and was met with Brads eyes. What happened next surprised me as I burst down in tears. I fell to the ground crying and I had no idea why. "Lilly, please look at me." he pleaded with me but I couldn't face him. He lifted my head and looked at me. He wiped my tears away and picked me up as new tears burst forth from behind my eyes.

"I..I..." I tried to say something but I just couldn't bring myself to speak. I was so confused, "Shhh, Its alright let me." He told me as he led me to the bench besides us. "Lilly, Daniel here found me a few days ago and brought me here because he found out something important that we both thought you should know." He said as he held my hands in his. "Lilly, were siblings." He said and I gasped in surprise. I felt my eyes growing wide a I remained speechless.

"What?" I questioned life as I knew it so far. "How is that even possible? My mom...she didn't...I ..." I couldn't even finish my sentence but I didn't have to because Daniel slid a document into my lap. The words printed on it jumped up at me. Percentage numbers, names, and much more information was on display but that still didn't tell me how it was even possible.

I sat in the same place frozen as Brad's soft and gentle words told me the whole story as he knew it. When he was finally done I was still trying to process all the information that had been suddenly thrown at me. So we both came from a rapist father and mothers he abused for his own sick pleasure. "That makes you an alpha." I whispered and he laughed nervously, "I guess so but most importantly it makes us brother and sister." He repeated.

I looked at him and saw small features that resembled mine but not much else. Nobody could've forseen that we would be in anyway related but we were. My tears had stopped by now and here I was besides Brad and Daniel. He was my half-brother and for the first time in a long time I was filled with hope. Hope at love and having my mate, Nathan with me because if Brad wasn't my mate that meant..."Nathan."

The back door to the truck opened and out came Nathan playing his guitar.

"So lately, been wondering
Who will be there to take my place
When I'm gone, you'll need love
To light the shadows on your face

If a great wave shall fall
It'd fall upon us all
And between the sand and stone
Could you make it on your own?

[Chorus:] If I could, then I would
I'll go wherever you will go
Way up high or down low
I'll go wherever you will go

And maybe, I'll find out
The way to make it back someday
To watch you, to guide you
Through the darkest of your days