CHAPTER 78 - CURTAIN CALL

NOT EDITED! FORGIVE ANY AND ALL MISTAKES! DON'T BE A GRAMMAR NAZI! BUT PLEASE DO LET ME KNOW IF THERE IS ANY MAJOR MISTAKE. LIKE WITH THE NAMES OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. HOPEFULLY EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT THOUGH.

COPYRIGHTED© REGISTERED TRADEMARK®

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I've been gone for awhile but I hope this chapter makes up for it. Oh, and when you get to end, promise you won't hate me? Ok. Go ahead. Read. And I hope you enjoy it. :) Smile

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"The boundaries which divide, Life from Death, are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Lilly's POV

His scream, that's what woke me. I jumped out of bed, the red of the walls surprising me, "What's going on?" Nathan asked from besides me, his hair flickering with flames prepared to fight with his best ability. He knew what the red alarm meant. We were under attack but an attack from who? From what? I rushed to Daniel's room across the hall with Nathan right on my heels. The strong tangy, metallic smell of blood permiated the entire floor concentraiting in his room. Something wasn't right here.

I stood paralized at his door, the scene before me too horrific to be true. But it was true. My eyes weren't deciving me, they couldn't be. I ran to Daniel's bedside but he wasn't moving. His eyes were closed and he appeared to be unconscious. His chest barely moving as he struggled to take each breath. I howled raising my face towards the moon at the sight of Daniel laying in a pool of his own blood with a balcony bar sticking out of his body. With every rise and fall of his chest I was reassured that he wasn't gone, at least not yet and I hoped it would stay that way.

There was no way he could die and if he did it would be unfair. The ancestors couldn't take him, they couldn't do that to him. He didn't deserve that punishment. I took a deep breath and growled. I hadn't noticed it before because the scent of fresh blood was almost overpowering the other scent entirely but it was there. The smell of blood was intermingled with her scent disguising it but I knew her too well to be fooled by it. There was no doubt, she, had done this to him. Her scent was not only on the weapon but all over the room as well.

How could she do this? To us, to him, to herself. Daniel loved her and we had all trusted her for what? Just so that she could stab us in the back? Anger and dissapointment flooded me, filling me with an intense desire to kill and triggering me to shift into my wolf. I growled angriely as I paced around the room getting a good trail on her scent before getting ready to sprint for the open door. Suddenly Daniel coughed and began to speak, "Don't. Please...please just let her go." He garbled, almost unintelligible words that made me stop in my tracks.

He couldn't be serious. I turned to face him, my eyes burning, reflecting my fury at the situation I was being forced into. I was trapped in a struggle between following my instincts and desire to kill, for vengence or following Daniel's request. I was his Alpha, he had no power over me. He couldn't order me to stop, as the decision was ultimately mine to make. It was my choice wether to persue her or let her run and what ever path I chose to follow, he would have to live with it. But would I be able to live with my own decision? If I hurt her, he would hate me. I was sure of it. After all, she was his mate and he would never forgive me if I killed her.

I knew that if someone dared to even try and harm, Nathan, my mate, in any way there would be hell to pay. It would be something I could never forgive, something I would never let go, and something I would more than certainly kill for. To defend and protect my mate, Nathan, I would do anything. I sighed, lowering my head in defeat, having my decision already made for me, "Lilly, he needs help. He's bleeding out! We need to take him to the hospital now!" Jay's words hit home. I had bigger fish to fry and catching Ashley wasn't one of them.