Chapter 10 - Dinner

Lilly's POV

I spent the rest of the day in my room thinking. 'Maybe he's right...or maybe not' I slammed my hand on the table when there was a knocking on the door. "It'll be a minute." I said walking towards the door I opened it and Adam greeted me. "Lilly I brought you something special for tonight." He said giddingly and handed me a package.

I opened it to reveal a very preppy pink and flowery one shoulder dress that went down to my knees along with a bracelet and a ring. "Oh my god, Adam this is beautiful!" I said sounding enthusiasticly but the rush I felt came from having some new trinket and not because he had given it to me. It was a fleeting feeling that escaped me as quickly as it arrived. He then handed me a smaller box with heels. "Wear them tonight." He said.

After he left I took a shower, got dressed and went down to the courtyard where he had told me to wait for him. As I walked there I noticed that nobody was home. 'Where is everybody?' I asked myself before sitting down at a table with my name on it. I was only sitting down for a few minutes when Adam came in with a trolley carrying what I pressumed was our dinner for tonight.

I smiled as he placed everything on the table. He sat down in front of me and smiled. "You look pretty." He said and turned on the radio to play some techno music. I got a cringing feeling 'Techno is so not the music for a romantic setting' I thought as I kept smiling. We ate in silence and then he got up smiling. I looked at him confused as he pulled me up and tried to get me to dance. "Come on its not that difficult, Lilly." He said a bit annoyed.

I tried playing around but ended up blushing at the fact that I couldn't dance and he was making me feel completely stupid. He always looked at me with a look that made me feel like a child as if he was superior to me or something. As we were dancing he leaned in for a somewhat forceful kiss and I melted at his touch. I wanted to resist but I didn't instead I just kinda shut down and went with it just like I had done before with 'him'.

When Adam finally pulled away I looked at him not with love but with a sort of denial. I was falling again for someone that was not good for me and I knew it but I was so confused. "Lilly will you please be my girlfriend?" He asked me and as if on cue I said "Yes, adam." Softly which he took like a sign of submission from me and kissed me again. "You make me so happy!" He said.

I forced a smile on my face and as the night ended he led me to my room. "Goodnight Lilly." He said as I stepped into my room and locked the door. I couldn't sleep so I stayed up took a quick shower and switched into some comfortable clothing. After awhilei heard everyone come back home and the door from the room in front of mine close rather loudly. I looked at my watch to show that it was late at night 11:00pm to be exact.

Suddenly there was a soft knocking at the window and I looked up from my bed. 'Am I imagining things now?' I asked myself confused but no wait there it is again Knock, Knock, Knock came again from my window. I got up and opened it to find Brad standing on the balcony to my room wearing a leather jacket, jeans and a motorcycle helmet in his hands. "I thought you'd never answer." He said slightly out of breath.

I smiled happy to see him. "Well I thought I was hallucinating for a second." I said as I hugged him feeling him freeze for a second before hugging me back. I pulled back and laughed. "You going somewere?" I asked him looking him up and down feeling completely energized all of a sudden just by having him in front of me. "Well actually WE are going somewhere." He said looking at me and I raised my eyebrow confused at his words.

"If you want to that is." He said "It depends tell me where we're going?" I asked him eagerly to know where he wanted to go. "Its a bon fire by the beach with some friends and rock music. It'll be cool thought you'd wanna go with me but you don't have too." He said waiting for my answer and I thought about it for a little bit. "How many people are gonna be there?" I asked before telling him my final answer. "Not many actually its my friend, his girlfriend and us. We have a bonfire everytime they come by." He said.