CHAPTER 39

Marcus's POV

I kept watching everything going on from the sidelines without saying a word. I was very upset when we first arrived here and got singed by there protective shield but after eating I was in a much better mood. I guess it was true food did make things seem better. The girl with red hair seemed nicer in person except for the man who was with her he seemed mean and I didn't like him.

"Marcus ill be right back stay here and finish eating." Jay, my second dad told me and I shook my head. "I wanna go with you." I told him but he told me no. "Finish your sandwich then wash your plate everything else is already clean. Don't worry, Marcus ill be right outside." He said as he got up and followed the mean man outside. He didn't come back for awhile but a nice girl put on a movie in the living room and I stayed to watch.

After two more movies that didn't seem to intrest anyone but me and the nice girl who put the movies on I heard Jay calling us outside. I rushed to him worried for a moment that the mean man had hurt him but when I opened the door I saw that it was the nice girl with redhair. "Marcus help take in this bags and put them in kitchen." He told me and I nodded as he handed me the lightest bags with chips, soups, and other things I couldn't really see inside.

I had never seen so much food in my life not even when I was little and my parents where still alive. I felt myself shiver and Jay came up behind me, "Marcus? Are you ok? Are you cold?" He asked me worried and I shook my head. "I... I was thinking of my parents." I told him as I felt tears in my eyes and began wiping them away fiercely. "Its ok Marcus you can cry if you want." He told me but I shook my head, "No, big boys don't cry!" I yelled and he looked at me funny.

"Marcus you're still young and you're my son so I'm telling you its, ok. You can cry it doesn't make you anyless of a big boy. I cry too sometimes, you know." He told me and my eyes went wide with surprise. "Really?" I asked him and he nodded. "Come on the nice lady wants us in the living room." He told me and I nodded. I walked behind him and then sat down next to him on the sofa.

When everyone started telling there story to the nice lady with red hair I bit my lip to keep myself from crying. It wasn't because I hadn't heard the stories before but when Jay told the story about us it made me sad to remember such a sad day for me. I didn't remember much but some flashed here and there. I shouldn't remember anything but I still do sometimes specially when I slept.

"That's harsh and I can appreciate how lucky I was." The nice lady, Lilly said and I turned to look at like everyone else. I didn't know why she felt lucky maybe because she had a home? I didn't know and since nobody asked her about I didn't ask her eighter. I yawned and she turned to look at me,"Marcus, Am I right?" She asked me and I nodded, "Yes." I told her and she got up and came towards me. At first I was scared of her but Jay held me close and I felt safe.

"Are you tired?" She asked me and I looked at Jay. I was tired but I didn't know if we could stay here or if we were going to leave again. I didn't want to leave yet. It was so nice here and they had food. Usually with Jay on the road we had little food but Jay always made sure we had something for me at least. Sometimes he would even give me his share if I was hungry and he never complained. "Marcus the lady asked you something." Jay said and I blushed.

"Yes, mam." I said and she smiled at me. Her smile reminded me of my mommy's smile. "You can take a nap while I make dinner if you want, ok?" She told me and I yawned again. "Ok, you stay here and nap while I cook something." She told me and I smiled at he as my eyes grew heavier. I was so tired after eating and walking so much that it felt so good to just lay down and rest without feeling like I was gonna die.

Ashleys POV

I saw Marcus close his eyes as the girl, Lilly told him that he could nap there. She seemed nice enough but the guy besides her didn't look so pleased. I could tell he didn't like us and even if he tried hiding it his eyes gave him away. He was eighter not trying to hide it that well or her just wasn't that good at hiding his emotions. I would go with the second one. Once Marcus was completely asleep her guy looked at us or rather at me.

His nose flared and my eyes went wide as I started to panic smelling my own scent escape from inside me, betraying me. That's when I sensed a woodsy scent around me and knew it was from him. I had been hiding my scent for so long that my own sense of smell had been affect it by it. As a side effect of masking my scent I stopped being able to smell the scent of others but now that it was wearing off I could smell him and froze.

No, no, no, no! We couldn't be mates! He was mates with that girl Lilly, wasn't he? I didn't want a mate! I was so opposed to having a mate that facing my mate now seemed so unrealistic. "Never." I said and for a moment I could swear I saw this flash of intense pain in his eyes before they grew blank and he got up and walked to his room. All eyes where on us except for Lilly who followed him into his room. "What's going on?" Jay asked me as he got up from beneath a sleeping Marcus. 'Sis, are you ok?' My sister asked me but I didn't answer.

Daniels 'Danny' POV

"Never." She said as everyone stared at us and for a second I could feel my heart being torned apart. I had never felt this much pain except perhaps when I saw my parents die. 'Fine!' I thought and grew emotionless. I got up without saying anything with all eyes on us and Lilly. I wanted to tell her to stay but she wouldn't have listened to me anyway. We walked into my room and she locked the door before sitting besides me on the bed.

My knuckles where white from holding on to the bed frame so tightly until it cracked. "Danny? Tell me what I can do to help. Ill do anything." Lilly told me and I smiled. She was an amazing friend and would make a great alpha when she took over the Krieger pack. "You noticed." I stated and she nodded. "I know that look well. When you first sense your mate you can't take your eyes off of them...Did she reject you?" She asked me and I laughed sarcasticlly.

"Yes but what could I expect from some rogues and my life? My life has been littered with tragedy after tragedy. My family slaugthered by rogues, being dejected and then rejected by my mate who by the way I thought I'd never meet. But its fine. I'm married to my work and my place is besides you. I will die to protect you." I told her and it was the truth I led a tragic life but that's what helped to define my personality.

"I can't tell you how to live your life..." she began but I interrupted, "But you can." I told her and she rolled her eyes. "Ok, maybe I can but I won't. My point is that you found your mate and if you really love her go to her. Not everyone is lucky enough to find a mate and some wolfs never find there's." She said, "But I.." I began but this time she interrupted me. "But if you want to die serving your pack then go right ahead. After all you among many are my most trusted, loyal and preferred guards." She said.

She placed her hand on my chin and lifted my face up to look at her. "Come now, Daniel. You're the one of the strongest, smartest and best looking guys I know add to that your loyalty an you're quite a catch." She said smiling and I smiled with her. After all her cheerfullness was contagious. "Fight for her and if nothing happens then at least you won't be plagued with the 'what ifs'." She said and got up. "You can choose to sulk or you can choose to fight. Its your choice." She said and walked out of the room.

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

Hope you guys like this chapter! VOTE,COMMENT, AND SHARE! You're all awesome! Yay for you! Ooooh wait...What do you think so far? Good - Not Good? CAST YOUR VOTES NOW!!!