CHAPTER 48

Daniels POV

The moment she screamed in pain and busrt literally into flames shocked me back to normal without me knowing what was going on. I had attacked her fiercely and she had stood her ground but the moment I bit into her she fainted while keeping the walls around us up. She was weak but it was to be expected since using your powers weakened you just like any other workout or activity. I hadn't meant to hurt her and I had no clue as to why I was so angered.

I was blinded by rage that wasn't my own. Sure, it was pissed off at my mate for refussing to even acknowledge me but that shouldn't drive me into a rage attack. This was something else, something different and I had no clue what it could be. I looked at her horrified at what I had done to my Alpha as she fainted in my arms. I kept calling her name softly and licking her wound willing for it to heal faster but getting nowhere.

I felt horrible and incredibly guilty for hurting my alpha, "Lilly, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I kept repeating to her as well as myself but I knew that didn't change a thing. She would never trust me again and I deserved it. How was I ever gonna explain this to Alpha Krieger back home? It was freaking hard not to panic. It wasn't a mortal wound but it wasn't just a scratch either.

A few agonizing moment later she came back to wincing as the pain hit her and got up. "Alpha I..." I tried to speak but she silenced me. "Daniel, its fine I know you didn't mean to hurt me." She said wincing every now and then. She was being understanding but I still needed to explain myself to her. I just couldn't leave this unexplained not to her. "Alpha, I'm sorry. I really am and I know that nothing I say will change what happened but I need to explain what happened to you." I stammered.

"Ok, if you really want to." She told me and sat down on the snowy grass. "I was blinded by anger and I know that's no excuse but that had never happened to me before. It wasn't my rage and I know it sounds strange but I'm telling you the truth. The anger and extreme rage weren't mine. I don't know what caused that feeling in me of were they came from. That doesn't excuse me and if you want to demote me from my place as your guard, I'd understand." I spoke getting quietter and quietter as I rambled on.

She got up and leaned on me. I froze as her arms closed around me and realized she was hugging me. "Its really ok Danny. I trust you with my life and couldn't dream with any other guard than you. I might know where those feelings came from." She stated and I looked at her as she pulled away. "How?" I asked myself but she was the one to answer my question and satisfy my curiosity about what had just happened.

"Something or someone hit my shield and well you know what happens when people crash into my shield well, don't you?" She asked me and I nodded. "I'm betting it was Ashley. Your rage and anger could be hers or just your instinct trying to protect her but then again that's just my theory. I'm no freaking expert on mates and you know it." She added as she finished and I just stared at her. Could it be true? Were the feelings Ashleys or worse were they really my own as a reaction to her getting hurt?

Was I simply trying to protect my mate? I didn't know and I hated not knowing. I hated uncertainty and I hated myself for hurting Lilly. After all even if Ashley did get hurt it was her own fault for trying to get through a shield that could have you fried and sizzling in four point two seconds. She should've known better but she didn't and Lilly payed the consequences without being guilty at all. "I'm tired. Training is over for the day." She stated not asked not questioned.

She took the shield down and started walking inside but she was limping. We healed quickly but not instantly and the worse the wound the slower the healing took. It also depended on other factors as well but I just couldn't think of them right now with her being hurt. I picked her up, wrapping her arms around my neck and her face layed down on my shoulder as I carried her inside.

When we stepped inside I noticed Ashley , my supposed mate on the couch resting. Didn't last long because the moment she saw me carrying Lilly she growled fiercely. 'She's just jealous.' Lilly told me through mindlink as I saw her sister and one of the twins holding her in place. "What is wrong with you?" Casey asked her sister who grew quiet but continued to throw daggers at us through her very expressive eyes.

"Is she, ok?" Marcus asked me looking up at Lilly and I nodded. "I'm ok Marcus. Don't worry. " Lilly told the young kid smiling and he smiled back. "Take me to our room, won't you Danny." She told me and I nodded heading to the room we shared. Marcus opened the door as I left her on the bed and closed the door behind us. "Thank you Marcus." I told the little kid just before locking the door. I heard Lilly giggle and turned around to see her smiling at me.

"Oh, Danny don't you see?" She asked me as I looked at her perplexed. "What?" I asked her as she laughed again. "Ashleys jealous!" She cried out happiely as realization hit me. Dear lord she was right. That would explain her reaction at seeing Lilly in my arms as well as other little things. "You think so?" I asked my voice cracking. She nodded, smiling at me, "Give her time. She'll come around." She said so sure of her words that even I believed her.

It was possible but I still doubted it. She sure as hell didn't seem to be warming up to me all that much. "Everyone has a story. Listen to hers maybe then it'll explain why she's so...Um, reluctant to fully accept you as her mate." She added as she closed the door on the shower. How'd she get there so fast? I asked myself then shrugged before going back to my problem at hand, Ashley.

'He's fucking MINE!' I heard someone scream through a private mindlink and I smiled. It was her! Ashley was thinking of me! I was filled with happiness but then reality set in. If she wanted me why did she not acknowledge me? I knew I wasn't perfect but neither was she so what's the hold up? I began to pace from one side of the room to the other pondering the different possibilities but that didn't change anything.

I still didn't know and until I did nothing would change. I had to know and I had to know now. I walked out the room and towards the living room. "Ashley can I talk to you?" I asked her causing her along with everyone else to look at me suspiciously. Casey whispered something in her sisters ear causing her to glare at her before standing up and motioning for us to go outside.

I had to find out what her problem with me was and I was going to find that out now.

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE, and ADD TO YOUR LIBRARIES! Let me know what you think. Three new chapters up! Isn't that awesome!