[Chapter Seventy-One] Where They Marry Their Best Friend

The song attached to the chapter is Nia and Lucca's first dance song.

Chapter Seventy-One – Where They Marry Their Best Friend 
Bailey's Pov

Hawaii was beautiful but what was even more stunning was Nia. She had that glow that people talked about with pregnancy, yet no one ever seemed to actually have. Figures though, she always was on the luckier side. I was with her when her morning sickness got the best of her a couple times, but other than that it had faded out already for the most part.

We had a great dinner together and I go to meet Nia and Lucca's families. With luck Valentia's dress fit like a glove. Her sister was as gorgeous as she was but instead of going into modeling, like she had offers to do; she decided to be a teacher.

There were no expectations for how I thought her family would be, but I did figure they would be a little bit like Nia. Turns out that she's the black sheep of their family and they live a very calm life in Italy. Her mother owned a salon and her father was a professor. Nia's little brother was still in school and wanted to be a doctor.

Lucca's family was the one that had a little more money and by their attitude, it showed just a little bit. You could tell they were happy for the both of them and that they had no problem accepting Nia into their family; I don't know, there was just something about them that made them feel a tad bit judgemental or unwelcoming.

Maybe it was just that they were all Italian; no one in their family had ever left Italy and no one has married out of their nationality. This would be no different though; maybe it was all of us American's that threw them off. They spoke English but by their hesitant and broken speech it was clear they didn't use it as much as Italian.

Maybe I was just seeing something that wasn't there. Their families got along well enough and they tried to be social with the rest of us, knowing we were such a large part of their lives. There is a stereotype about Italian's, and I don't like to play into all of that but this one was certainly true to them; they were all loud and had something to say. They didn't like to or know how to take turns so everyone was talking over everyone else and it made for an entertaining meal; I was glad we had rented out this area and there was no other poor family who had to try and compete with us to hear each other talk.

The next morning all of us girls got together to get ready. Nia only picked two people for the wedding party because they were trying to keep it small; she felt bad for not including everyone, but she didn't need to. That was just like her though; wanting everyone to feel included. Two of us were standing beside her, but all of us were here for her and Lucca; that was what was important.

So we all got ready together. Mine and Valentia's dress was floral with thin straps and a laced middle that added some character to the dress. She fell in love when we saw them and had to have them for us. Some of the girls drank mimosa's while some of us stuck to orange juice out of wine glasses.

We all did each other's make-up, not even Nia called in a make-up artist or hair stylist. They simply wanted to be together and have a wedding under the radar; to truly just elope and have a basic wedding with none basic guests. Our hair was curled and down while Kylie curled and worked Nia's into half updo for the day.

Her dress as gorgeous on her now as it was in the store in New York. She bought a dress with a removable bottom. Though the bottom was made only of tulle, she didn't want anything long in her way as she enjoyed the reception. Being pregnant certainly wasn't going to stop her from having a blast tonight and giving her memories that will last a lifetime.

They were living in the moment; and it was a spectacular moment to be a part of.

Her emotions were a mess and we had to fix her make-up twice before we even left the hotel room. We knew we would have to fix it more. I've seen too many tears of anguish, sadness and heartbreak; I've shed them too.