[Chapter Twenty-Five] Where She Falls Apart

Chapter Twenty-Four – Where She Falls Apart
Bailey's Pov

I waited for him to come home. I didn't know what else to do but lie in his bed and wait. I didn't know where we stood but I knew that things couldn't end like that. I don't know what the hell was happening other than with what happened at dinner, he was just trying to isolate himself and I wouldn't let him do that.

It was four in the morning when he came stumbling in and I sat up as he turned the light on. He looked at me pained and he walked towards me and sank to his knees in front of me and just started crying.

"I'm so sorry." He wrapped his arms around me and rested his head in my lap, it wasn't hard to smell the alcohol on him, he was drunk and his year of sobriety was gone just like that.

"It's okay, we'll get through it Julian, did you do drugs?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"No, but I almost did." He admitted and I sighed and just ran my fingers through his hair and let him cry. I thought that he would get it out and eventually stop but every minute it just got worse.

"Julian, talk to me." I said and he shook his head

"I'm so sorry, please forgive me. I didn't mean to hurt you, I don't want to break up, I love you and I just want to go back and redo this day. I can't lose you." my shirt and shorts were wet from him but I didn't mind.

"I love you too. We'll figure this out and get through it, it's okay." I needed him to calm down, his slip is something that we can get past, and it's just something that will need to be watched like a damn hawk.

"It's not okay." He said instantly.

"I forgive you." I kissed the top of his head and he shook his head and cried.

"You can't. I hurt you Bailey; I shoved you to the ground. You're so small and you were bleeding and I'm so drunk and."

"Shh, I told you there was nothing you can do to make me turn away from you."

"That's not true." He said and I wanted to roll my eyes but this wasn't the time for that.

"I signed up for this, to struggle with you and to be there for you like you've been with me. Don't keep pushing me away." he still hadn't stopped crying and it hurt me to see.

"You're going to hate me." he whispered

"There's nothing you can do to make me hate you, except you know, murder." If he killed someone, can't really forgive that.

"There are other things that can make you hate me." his body was shaking and so was his voice.

"I told you as long as you're faithful to me, we can get through anything together and I know you would never cheat on me Julian." I kissed his head again and he just freaked out.

"Don't say that. We can work past anything." He told me and I had been smiling at him, trying to show some kind of positivity but that smile instantly faded. I slowly took my hands off him and he shook his head "Don't." he pleaded with me.

"Julian." I Felt like I was going to be sick and this time I was the one who started to cry.

"I'm sorry, please Bailey don't. Don't say it, just don't. I love you, I'm so sorry." He was begging and pleading but it just fell on deaf ears. He was looking desperately at me but for once it did nothing.

"Get off me." I felt sicker the longer he touched me.

"No." he shook his head, still in my lap and I got up suddenly causing him to loose balance and fall back.