[Chapter Twenty-One] Where Thing Take A Turn

Chapter Twenty-One – Where Things Take A Turn
Bailey's Pov

"What the hell is your problem Bailey?" Julian yelled at me and I just sat there, I was tired of fighting with him. It's all we've been doing for two weeks. I suggested going back to therapy after the wedding and he freaked out and it's just been like this ever since.

"I'm not fighting with you." I picked up my book I was reading and he ripped it from my hands and I closed my eyes and took a deep breath to try to keep calm, every time I got mad and started yelling back it just made it worse.

I told him for the thousandth time that I wasn't moving in with him until six months and I just told him at this rate I wasn't moving in with him at all, I wasn't going to live with this all the time.

"I'd like for you to leave." I asked politely because he would calm down and get mad at himself for freaking out like this.

"It's my apartment." Stubborn asshole

"I was under the impression it was my apartment." I glared at him trying really hard not to blow up on him like he was with me.

"I pay the bills so I'll go when I feel like it." so I got up and grabbed my shoes

"Fine." I wasn't going to stick around for this.

"Where the hell are you going?" he grabbed my arm to stop me and I immediately pulled it from his grip

"Somewhere where you don't pay the damn bills and I can get away from you!" hurt instantly flashed across his face but I just left and Drew came to pick me up as I walked towards his house, this wasn't a first time thing, this was an every other day kind of thing.

He got mad when I brought up therapy, he got mad when I went there, he got mad when I was happy, he got mad when I went out with friends from there, he got mad when I hug out with Lucca, he was just always angry. He was angry with himself and taking it out on me for no reason and I wasn't going to be his verbal punching bag.

He got mad when I argued with him and he got mad when I remained silent, this was the only way to just make it stop, it would always end the same, he would come pick me up and apologize, bring me home and try to make it up to me by buying me things or taking me out but that wasn't what I wanted.

He was going backwards towards a relapse and I couldn't make him do anything he didn't want to do, I couldn't make him get help, I've tried and I'm done trying to make him.

He fought all the time with his brother and we were having dinner there this Sunday which would make for an excellent time, Danielle just had the baby and his mother insisted on every Sunday dinners now.

Drew picked me up and he didn't mention anything about it, I spent time with my brother and sister and played with Micah which always put me in a better mood. I ignored all Julian's texts and calls until he showed up a few hours later and stood awkwardly in the door in front of my brother.

"Again?" Drew asking him and he looked away from his gaze because he was in the wrong and he knew it. Like all the other times, there was no reason for him going off like that. If there was I would admit it and work it out but for him to just start freaking out over nothing, to accuse me of the things he did was unacceptable.

"Can I talk to her?" I stood off to the side and Drew stared him down

"Why?" Drew was getting tired of it too and I tried to get him to keep out of it but I didn't have anywhere else to go because if I called Kylie she would kick Julian's ass, Drew was my family and he was my safe place, my time out.

"I need to talk to her." he mumbled and Drew didn't budge.

"I'm tired of seeing my baby sister coming to me in tears, emotionally shut down or furious because of this, it's not healthy for her or you." Today I just felt more shut down than anything. I wasn't really upset and I wasn't angry, I was just tired and I was done.