[Chapter Forty-Seven] Where They Get Their Answer

Chapter Forty-Seven – Where They Get Their Answer

I hated hospitals. I hated the bright lights on the white surroundings. I hated the sterile smell that they brought. I hated the misery and pain that came with them. I couldn't even look past to see the good they did because I despised them so greatly.

To me there was nothing that I liked about them. I hated the quiet and I hated the noise, the sound of a monitor flat-lining was haunting. The echoes of emergency calls rang in your head as doctors and nurses were paged. Sometimes that emergency had a happy ending, they would resuscitate and sometimes no matter how hard they tried, they had to bring the bad news that their loved one was no longer with us anymore.

Sitting and waiting in a hospital was the most worthless and helpless thing you can feel, but being the reason for it all; that was something that was worse than death. She was the first thing I saw when I opened my eyes.

Her eyes were closed but I instantly knew she hadn't been sleeping long based off the dark circles under her eyes. I looked around the room and it took me a minute to be able to figure out what was going on. I didn't realize at first that I was in a hospital and only when I felt the throbbing in my arm, did remember what was going on.

My mother was asleep in a chair and Melina was curled up on another bed with Bailey. The three of them looked incredibly uncomfortable.

I reached out for her hand and the pain in my arm was excruciating but I didn't care; I had to touch her, to know that she was real.

"She finally passed out after staying awake for almost four days." I retracted my hand so fast and jumped. Kylie was on my other side and she looked awful. Her eyes were red and puffy and she was frowning at me.

"You look like crap; you should go home and sleep." I said trying to lighten the mood, wrong move. She glared at me and yanked her hand; that I didn't realize was holding mine, away.

"This isn't funny, it's not a game. No one has slept in four days Julian because we didn't know if you were really going to wake up." Her whispers were angry.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you angry." I looked from her back to Bailey.

"You have no idea what you just did to her with this. What you've put all of us through." She told me and my eyes started watering. I hurt her, I hurt them all.

"She looks so tired." I said and I reached for her again.

"You better think before you wake her up. She's emotional and angry and she's sleep deprived. Just keep that in mine before you decide. I'll go get a doctor." She woke my mother up who cried seeing me awake but they left quietly to let the girls sleep.

I didn't care what she said, I needed to feel her and see her beautiful eyes right now.

I pushed her hair from her face and she groaned and swatted at my hand and I grabbed hers. Slowly she started to open her eyes and then they were open and looking right back at mine. She said nothing but her eyes did fill with tears.

She didn't move as he doctor came in and checked on me. My mother came back in with him, Kylie didn't. She hated me and I didn't have anyone else to blame but myself. I also didn't blame her; I was currently on suicide watch now that I was awake.

"Thank god you're awake!" Melina's voice was loud and it echoed off the walls as she scrambled out of the bed and over to me. She was careful of my arm as she wrapped her arms around me and I held her so tight.

"Honey, I bet you're hungry. Let's get you some food." I expected that to come from Bailey, but it was my mother's voice that I heard and Mia kissed my cheek and left with my mother.