[Chapter Sixteen] Where They Head To New York

Chapter Sixteen - Where They Head To New York
Julian's Pov

After ice cream last night I felt a little better about taking her to New York. She seemed a little happier today and I let her sleep for the flight there, it was kind of a long one and it was late so we slept most of the way and woke up when they announced we landing.

"Landing's my favorite part." Bailey yawned and stretched making her sound adorable. She sat her seat up and leaned her head against my shoulder and the plane was dropping down until we could see the airport right in front of us.

A smile graced her lips as we landed and we were pulled forward with the force and she sat back and closed her eyes, enjoying the little bit of time it took to come to a slow roll as we began pulling into the gate. It was late so we didn't have to wait for one.

We got off, got our bags and picked up a rental car before going to the hotel.

"Did you get separate rooms?" she asked me suspiciously

"Not yet, if this is out little vacation before filming then I'm keeping you until it starts, we're moving hotels In a few days" I was kind of annoyed about having to get two rooms and it had nothing to do with the price, all to the fact that I'm tired of not having her.

We're together, she's my damn girlfriend but she's not fully mine and it bothers me.

"Okay. How about for two weeks we sleep apart and I'll sleep in your room the last week that you're here since I won't see you for a week." At least that was something.

"Only if I get to steal you once a week." I wasn't really in a place to argue on this but if she was going to allow a little give then I would try to take full advantage of it.

"One night." She agreed to, now I would only have to sleep without her for less than half of those nights and I think I could manage that. Bailey and I haven't stayed the night together for more than two nights since rehab; damn that was a long time ago.

I've been out four months already, by the time I go home it's going to be almost half a year and it doesn't feel like it's been that long at all, it feels more like weeks than months.

"Tired baby?" I asked her when we got to the hotel and parked and she nodded sleepily, she looked like she could fall over any minute. We were staying at a hotel in the city which had a beautiful view. We were only staying here until filming started and then we would have to be quite a distance north but I wanted to enjoy New York with her.

They were three hours ahead here and we would be feeling it in the morning.

I checked us in and I wrapped my arm around her as we went up to the second floor from the top, I didn't need a penthouse and she would freak out if I got one but I did get a suite on the highest floor that I could and when we walked into the room and saw a wall of windows looking into the city, I had no regrets about picking this room.

"Wow." She walked slowly to the windows and I followed behind her.

"Do you like it?" I asked and she nodded, leaning back against me when I came up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"It's amazing." The buildings were all lit up and with being so high there were some even beneath us and other that felt like miles taller.

"I could look at this all day."

"Me too, I've been thinking about buying a place here since I came here a couple years ago, it's amazing here. If you could get a home anywhere, where would you want one?" I asked her

"Somewhere tropical on the beach, I love the beach." We were in no shortage of those back home she leaned a little more on me and I kissed her forehead