[Chapter Seventeen] Where She Compromises

Chapter Seventeen - Where She Compromises
Bailey's Pov

Everywhere he took me was perfect and at the end of four days I was torn between being happy to have a break from all the sight-seeing and sad to be leaving the city. Four days wasn't long enough to see everything but we tried.

We were up early so we could try to see as much as possible. I got to see the gardens, central park, time square, the statue of liberty, the view from the Staten Island ferry, we went to the empire state building and to a couple zoos. That was on top of the other wondering and all these places he wanted to eat at and the exhaustion that came with people wanting photos with him when they recognized him.

But it was a fantastic time, one of the greatest things I've ever done and memories I'll never forget, ones I hope we can relive later on in life because I wasn't done with New York and I don't think he was either.

I had wished we could see some musical things but he just ignored them all, refusing to go anywhere that reminded him of it and I hoped that I could get him back here another time and that he could fully enjoy it all.

We were headed up north now and the drive felt like it was lasting forever but the view was beautiful as we left the city and got to see the other side of this state, away from the city and really take in all that New York had to offer.

I ended up falling asleep in the car and woke up when he carried me inside the hotel we were staying at, it felt cozier, not as impersonal as the one in the city and I found myself wondering where the hell I was at. I wasn't sure where we were going I just couldn't remember.

I felt the blankets underneath me and I barely got myself to the bathroom to change before I crashed, he's worn me out with this vacation and now it was time for work, unfortunately. When I woke up in the morning his arms were still around me and I sighed as I let myself enjoy this.

I missed waking up like this; it was always the best part of my day. I loved the feeling of safety I felt first thing in the morning, that my first thoughts were about how I felt protected and loved and it was impossible to feel alone when he was there.

I had easily gotten used to it the past few days and it was going to be a hard next few months, well kind of. this next month wouldn't be so bad and as soon as the wedding was over there was only two more left to go and we had to be strong enough for that, there was only one other choice and neither of us were willing to accept it.

"I have to go." He said softly and I sighed

"I know." I curled up more in his arms and he held me tighter.

"Come with me, I'm not ready to leave you and I'm not ready to let you go tonight." I know it hurt him when I told him we couldn't and I know that he just wanted me there and he thought I didn't but I just saw the bigger picture.

It hurts now but it will be worth it later, what's a few months compared to the rest of our lives?

Plus, what happens if he ever goes on tour or something and is gone for a long period of time, I can't always be going with him everywhere, we needed to be able to function without each other and that was why I was doing this, I didn't want to be so emotionally dependent on him and I didn't want him to be like that with me, we needed friends and family.

"I will today but I really hate being around Kimberly, I'm going to get you in trouble when I break her nose." I've been with him one other time and she was a bigger bitch the second time then the first and it took everything in me to just ignore her.

"She would deserve it." he mumbled as he pulled himself from bed as did I. It was still cold over here so I went with jeans and a nice shirt, I missed the sun over in California already, it was snowing here still, why the hell is it snowing? I don't know but I guess sometimes it shows into March, what kind of god forsaken state has snow in the end of March?