[Chapter Sixty-Four] Where She Dresses Their Party

Photos up on FB if you want to see... 

Chapter Sixty-Four - Where She Dresses Their Party 
Bailey's Pov

When Julian and I asked those we loved to be in our wedding party, they were a little surprised that we weren't sticking to traditional genders. So by my side I would have: My brother, Kylie, Macy Lucca and Kenna. By Julian's, he would have: Melina, Carter, Dorian, Nia and Caleb.

The next step for our wedding was probably my favorite; bridesmaid dresses. On Saturday all the girls went with me to look for their dresses. This was supposed to me a fun day out for us, but when we got there the consultant refused to accept my vision and had the audacity to call my wedding tacky.

She told me that the dresses would look bad together since they wouldn't all be the same, so I walked out of there. If they didn't want the money I would spend on five dresses then fuck them. While I ranted, Nia called in a favor with a friend who's a designer and we went to her shop.

"We should have just come here to begin with, I didn't think about it." Nia drove and I was still furious. I was sick of people telling me that I was wrong or that my choices wouldn't work. This was my fucking wedding and I just needed and wanted someone on my side here!

Between Larissa trying to take control, Nia being Nia, the baker who we decided not to use for being rude and Melina being herself as well; it was overwhelming.

"Breathe girl, it's going to be okay." Well at least there was Macy.

My problem was that Lacey would have been on my side, she would have made sure that I got what I wanted; she was more outspoken than Nia. Lacey would have put Nia in her place on some occasions. But instead I was sitting here wondering what she would have said and thought. There was nothing I could do but dream up how she would have reacted to him proposing.

With Lacey, I wouldn't have even had to ask her to be my maid of honor, she would have just claimed the title and ran with it. It was hard when I missed her so much.

These were the times I wished I wasn't an alcoholic because I could really use a drink right now to calm my nerves; sucks to have fucked up so massively.

"Don't let her get to you, my friend will make sure you have what you want. She is new to the industry I will warn you, but that means she will also work her ass off to make everything perfect." New? As long as she could make a dress and wasn't a bitch; I didn't care.

"She's right out of fashion school; I met her when I was living in Italy. All her samples are handmade, she's worked so hard to get her own shop. The reason I didn't think of it was because she's not set to open for another week." So she was really new.

"Is she a good designer?" Nia nodded readily.

"She's incredible, she has the potential to be huge one day. She went independent instead of being a designer for a company; it was a huge risk."

"So she could also use the money." That made it more worth it for me. I'd rather the money go to someone who could truly use it rather than a wealthy company or designer.

Tia was someone who really got what I was saying when I spoke to her one on one first. She understood that I didn't want all my girls to look the same and she completely understood not giving a damn about gender.

We looked online to start so she could get an idea of what I wanted and didn't want. She knew the colors, Julian and I decided to reserve the green to honor Lacey, so the girls would all be in shades that matched the blue and burgundy. They would be knee length and lace, as long as it fit that the girls could pick whatever they wanted.