[Chapter Forty-Five] Where Things Move Forward

Chapter Forty-Five – Where Things Move Forward
Bailey's Pov

Julian and I were kept insanely busy the next couple weeks, as soon as I agreed to help him it was all I did for my free time. He was incredibly stressed out and it just seemed like no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't make it better; I couldn't help him.

He said I was, but I just felt like I was in the way all the time.

I was terrible in the studio trying to record this song after Julian wrote all the music for it, including reworking the piano. I mumbled and felt like I was going to be sick the entire time and it took three hours to finally get it done right.

Julian had recorded the music for it, he played the drums and then it was layered with the guitar and my playing of the piano, I freaked out when I heard it and had to sing.

I wasn't comfortable singing for this album. It was supposed to be his, I didn't matter in it.

But Julian is fucking persistent. He argued with his manager until he got his way early on, he wanted this to be different from the others; he wanted this album to be honest and raw. He wanted this album to show the feelings from going through rehab and remaining clean; I was a part of that unfortunately.

It did start to get a tad bit easier, the writing came a little more naturally after doing a couple. Julian had an idea to write a song together, he would write a verse to me and I would write one to him and that was a process.

We had to write, look at each other's and then rewrite so many times before we finally got the two verses to match up so they could fit in the same song, the chorus came last and was the easiest out of all of it.

I was surprised when we went to the studio again and it was actually fun, it wasn't so intimidating when I wasn't in here alone. It was a pretty emotionally honest song, but I couldn't stop smiling the entire time.

I started it off and he wrapped his arms around me from behind and swayed with me to the music and this just came so naturally to him, it was almost beautiful. We didn't discuss it, but he seemed to know the right moments to sing lightly with me so he would be in the background.

When he was singing alone, I couldn't keep my eyes off of him. Julian looked so happy right now as we sang together and if forgot all about the other people on the other side of the glass, I forgot that we were even in a recording studio.

He did give me a surprise, we were going through and doing it for a third time and at the end the music slowly dies down and I was ready to head out and listen when it picked right back up and his voice was loud and strong as he sang a new ending to the song.

I started clapping for him and he took a bow.

"Thank you, thank you very much." I couldn't stop myself from laughing. I loved when he was happy, this was the happiest I've seen him in a long time.

"That was great guys." I jumped forgetting someone else was here and Julian gave him thumbs up. He turned toward me and wrapped his arms around me and I felt his lips curve into a smile as he kissed me.

"You know guys, this room isn't exactly private but you're welcome to excuse yourselves to find one." Julian's producer Kara's voice filled the room and I hid my face in his chest, his arms never let me go and he chuckled at my discomfort.

"Be nice Kara or she's never going to come back, or sign off on this song." Julian turned us so my back was to him and he was looking over at her.

"A signature is actually why I'm here, ironically." She came in and my hand shook as I signed the paper, Julian and I had talked about it and the details of the contract and this one was the finalized version.