[Chapter Forty-One] Where It's All About Mia

I have exciting news, I've signed on with Byline to be apart of their launch for their app based reading site called Radish !

I'll have a book that is EXCLUSIVELY for Radish as will about 45-50 other authors. It will be "Always, Yours" which you can read about in the upcoming stories book i have, let me know what you think of it. 

So you can head over to
http://radishfiction.com/?a=RainDrops
and sign up for the mailing list, which will give you exclusive early access to Radish once it launches Valentine's. I've linked the Radish site as an external link for the chapter.

Second thing, i made a FB for WP and Radish, i'll be posting about things on there if you want to add me, i've had a few of you and i love seeing your comments and reading your messages. 
There is a link for that on my profile now or you can look up Livelifeintherain Wattpad-Radish 

And now without further words, here is......

Chapter Forty-One – Where It's All About Mia

Bailey's Pov

I still wasn't sure what was going on with my life in general, but I was starting to like where it was heading. Julian and I were slowly working things out between us, I was growing closer again with my friends and I was finally feeling in control of my life.

I was eating again and was putting weight back on; I was opening up more and doing well in therapy. I was getting to a point in my life where I was okay with myself. Being cheated on hurt and it sucked but Julian and I needed the time apart. I was glad to have had this time to get to know myself again and I hoped that he was doing the same.

He requested that we limit contact between us so he can work on himself too and I respected that. I still had temporary custody of Mia somehow until the paperwork was all settled and as far as I know, Julian and Larissa still hadn't come to an agreement on who was going to be taking custody of her.

Larissa thought that as her granddaughter and with Julian's career it would be better to take her and Julian wasn't in agreement. He felt that since he was the one who raised her that he should have custody, like Sarah wanted.

Sarah always intended for Julian to raise Mia and they were already turning this into a nasty custody battle, they were forgetting the child stuck in the middle who was actually content with how things were going. Mia knew the longer they fought, the longer she would stay with me.

She was still not comfortable with either of them; neither of them had taken the chance to get to know her. I spent my days and nights with her, we played games and watched movies. I talked to her about schooling and the pros and cons of private versus public school.

In the end she agreed with me and Julian, she would be going to private school.

I talked to her like a young adult where they didn't realize that she wasn't five years old anymore. Mia was growing up and deserved to be a part of her own future. Mia was pretty much the only thing Julian and I actually talked about.

I was the one who contacted the school and got Mia enrolled and I was the one who was taking her for her first day of school. I would be the one to help her with her homework and I was the one who fed her.

Mia was starting school on Monday and I knew she didn't have much in Florida so I enlisted the help of Kenna and we were taking her shopping. Mia already had a room set up at my apartment; I let her paint, pick out bedding and she's started decorating.

"Thank you for taking care of me." Mia would say it every day but she didn't need to, I was happy to take care of her. She was such a sweet child; she reminded me a lot of myself when I was her age.