[Chapter Sixty] Where There Is Confrontation

hey loves, sorry this is a day late, but you can mark Wednesday on your calendars as Bailey and Julian day <3 

Enjoy.

Chapter Sixty – Where There Is Confrontation
Bailey's Pov

Today was a big day for me. I would be choosing the dress I'll get married in and I would only have one wedding. I'll be picking the dress that Julian will be taking off of me, I'll be picking the ultimate centerpiece for my wedding.

Kenna, Melina, Nia, Macy and Kylie would all be there, but there was someone else who should be.

My appointment was at noon, so at eight I left the house and went to the café to pick up muffins and coffee. When I got to the front door I knocked and waited. When she answered the door Larissa was in shorts and one of Robert's shirts.

She said nothing as I stared at her. She backed up and opened the door for me to slide past her and I went to sit at the dining room table. I put the coffee she liked on the opposite side from me and her almond poppy seed muffin.

"What are you doing here?" She took a seat hesitantly across from me and I shrugged, unsure where I should start.

"I've waited for months for an apology from you, because you and I both know I deserve one. But I can't live in the past anymore. I've had to accept an apology that I know now will never come because I'm not bringing that negativity into my new life.

I will not apologize for fighting for Melina and I'm not going to apologize for taking custody. You had your children and have raised them, you're a grandmother now. A grandmother doesn't raise the children but does get all the fun parts. I have stepped in as Melina's mother and it will be where I will stay whether you like it or not, whether she likes it or not. She is now my responsibility and I love her. You know that I take care of her and you know that I'm doing a great job with her.

Whether you like it or not, I will be your daughter-in-law in four months Larissa. I love Julian and he will be my husband, I'll be his wife and there is nothing you can do about that but accept it and me.

He's not picking sides but I know he doesn't see or talk to you as much and that there's a rift there. There isn't a single part of me that enjoys the distance between you two. You're family has suffered enough." She didn't have anything to say, she just picked at her muffin like it could be poisoned.

"Is that what you've come for?" She asked and I wanted to scream in frustration with her, but I let it go because as I said, I wouldn't bring negativity or hostility into my marriage; especially with my mother-in-law. Julian was lucky to have his mother and I didn't want him to feel like he needed to chose to make her or I happy.

"I came to figure out what I did to you that was so fucking awful for you to turn on me like you did. What made you want to hurt me the way you did? And you know what; I do think you're acting childish on this one. But what I came for was to tell you that I forgive you because holding that negativity is only going to make my life toxic. I have an amazing fiancé, a wedding to plan, an exquisite new home and a beautiful daughter in my life. There is no room there for the past." I stood and I turned to leave.

"I am sorry, but an apology doesn't make it right or take it back. Being sorry doesn't change what I said and did to you. You make my son happy and you keep him straight. You take care of my granddaughter and you do it so gracefully." She stood and I turned to face her.

"I want you in my life Larissa; I don't want you to simply be my mother-in-law. I care for you and I want you to be a part of this wedding, not just for him but for me. You've done a lot of damage and it's not easy for me to have to be the one to come to you." At one point I considered her a mother to me too and I loved her. But she turned her back so quickly and stabbed me in mine without regard for what she was doing.